We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

san miguel fiesta torremolinos

2 posts
san miguel fiesta torremolinos

Am I right in thinking the fiesta starts on Saturday 29th sept this year ?

6 replies to this topic
Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
12,180 posts
45 reviews
1. Re: san miguel fiesta torremolinos

The main parades start on wednesday 26th september from Plaza costa del sol to start the festival concluding on the Saturday, this is my understanding.

Not sure about the sunday parade, the festival of st michael should be on the last sunday in september i.e. 30th September so after the main festival, not sure though. This is a lovely procession that leaves the church in the calvario area and meanders down to the centre and back.

Do know that the 26th the only day in the year my favourite tapas bar shuts as does most of Torremolinos.

Wonderful time to be in the resort.

Dumfries, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: san miguel fiesta torremolinos

thank you for info

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
58 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: san miguel fiesta torremolinos

Hi Ian,

I'm guessing it's too soon to expect a programme to be published yet for Fiesta week? I'm coming over for the Romeria on 23rd for a week (at least I hope that's when it is) but I would love to see the Classic Car Parade down the Paseo. Any chance you might put a link to the programme onto the forum? I'm not sure where to look....

Thank you

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
330 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: san miguel fiesta torremolinos

Ian do all bars and restaurants close on the 26th? Is there much bunwyanof food and drink options as part of the festival tents and stalls etc?

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
271 posts
60 reviews
5. Re: san miguel fiesta torremolinos

Was going to ask the same question about food...will any bars/restaurants or super markets be open? We arrive in the evening on the 26th...thanks in advance for any information.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
12,180 posts
45 reviews
6. Re: san miguel fiesta torremolinos

Truthfully the local authority not good at advertising local events until the last minute.

As this is the biggest local event of the year, all the local residents take part on the wednesday and this basically becomes a national holiday for the town, many bars still remain open, but you will find many that close.

Same agin with the supermarkets, you need to check, some do open for a very limited time first thing.

With regard to the classic car this I am sure will run on saturday 22nd, the last two years it has run down the paseo, feel sure it will this year.

Sunday the parade is from the calvario church down to the centre and back on the wednesday the church in plaza costa del sol and around the centre.

Reply to: san miguel fiesta torremolinos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos