We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timer

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
First timer

Hi I'm looking at Costa del sol for my next holiday it's just me and my mum. We don't drink or go clubbing so am looking for beaches sightseeing, scenary. Nothing rowdy. I'm finding benalmedena abit expensive hotel wise would torremolinos be a good place for is to go to.

18 replies to this topic
Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
12,180 posts
45 reviews
1. Re: First timer

I think everywhere in the area will be expensive. You may pick up a deal because of the good u.k. weather.

Torremolinos great for a beach holiday as bed hire concessions all along the front, price 3.50 to 6 euros average for bed and brolly. Food is extremely cheap and the range huge.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
6,543 posts
120 reviews
2. Re: First timer

Can't see there being much price difference in between torremolinos or benalmadena, though there are often good deals to be had, fuengirola is also worth considering.

Atb steve

Edited: 04 August 2018, 20:22
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
122 reviews
3. Re: First timer

Yes

North West England...
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: First timer

You don't say what you find expensive ,Is it the hotels or apartments?

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
5,368 posts
82 reviews
5. Re: First timer

You don't want bars and clubbing so why not look at the edges of the town. For an inexpensive yet pleasant hotel I would suggest looking at the Royal Costa in Los Alamos. I haven't stayed there as it is close to the house but reports are good. it is five minutes from los Alamos station for sightseeing and a 5 to 10 minute walk to the beach (where there are bars and clubs of a high standard much frequented by Malaguenos should you change your mind) The beach there is the best in Torremolinos.

You could also look at the El Pinar which is a bit out of it but provides its own transport to the main beaches and is not far from La Colina station and the 110 bus route to Malaga or the Marconfort Beach Club. This is on the beach, a bit rowdy and a 15 to 20 minute walk to a station but with a bus stop outside.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: First timer

It's the whole package I'm finding expensive hotel and flights for just bed and breakfast for 10 nights it's costing £1000 each for a 3 star hotel. Iv not been to this side of Spain so am not sure if this is reasonable for this part? I usually do a package iv never booked flights and hotels separately.

scotland
Level Contributor
20,580 posts
366 reviews
7. Re: First timer

Try looking at https://www.booking.com for hotels /pensions/ , you can change to price low to high and room only cuts it down also ...its cheap to have breakfast out

Edited: 05 August 2018, 17:05
North West England...
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
27 reviews
8. Re: First timer

I don’t think you’ll find Torremolinos any cheaper than Benalmadena.

London
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: First timer

Have a look on Jet2holidays ☺️

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
29 reviews
10. Re: First timer

Try On the Beach.