We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife in Malaga?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
167 posts
4 reviews
5 helpful votes
Nightlife in Malaga?
Save

Hi guys,

When we stay in Malaga next month, we would quite like a night out. We are thinking of starting with tapas and wine (tapeo de Cervantes or la plaza?) then maybe somewhere lively with cocktails and music. Are there any good nightspots for a couple of you 30 something's? We are not really into euro pop, prefer something with an Ibizan vibe!

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
83,163 posts
3,805 reviews
3,541 helpful votes
1. Re: Nightlife in Malaga?
Save

Marie:

Calle Granada has many tapas places.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187438-c161870/Malaga:Spain:Nightclubs.html

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
167 posts
4 reviews
5 helpful votes
2. Re: Nightlife in Malaga?
Save

Thanks Benny, any personal recommendations?

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
83,163 posts
3,805 reviews
3,541 helpful votes
3. Re: Nightlife in Malaga?
Save

Marie:

At my age I prefer to sleep early now and do not go night clubbing anymore.

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
4. Re: Nightlife in Malaga?
Save

Hi

I would recommend Sala Gold (C/ Luis de Velazquez) I had some great nights out in there.

They are more like bars than clubs but great fun and open all night.

I wouldn't go into them until gone midnight - more like 1/2am or you will be the only ones in there.

Have a nice late dinner, drinks at the port and centre and then hit the dance floor!

I'm afraid the music is very much Europop with some popular tracks thrown in. You might get lucky though - I love it that its local and very Spanish.

Further down the coast might get you the ibiza vibe but I cannot guarantee it.

I would say just pop into any places that take your fancy. Anden is a larger venue (Plaza uncibay) but stricter on admission (Smartly dressed with shoes etc).

Have fun you will have a great time! I love the nightlife in Malaga.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
167 posts
4 reviews
5 helpful votes
5. Re: Nightlife in Malaga?
Save

Really helpful! Thanks tom & Benny!

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
5,171 posts
4 reviews
5 helpful votes
6. Re: Nightlife in Malaga?
Save

If you are staying in the city centre (which I presume).

The best way to start the night is one of the many terraces we have in the city centre. I don't exactly know which of them are going to be opened in October, but I'd say most of them.

Most of them are located on hotels. My favorites are, in this order, Oasis terraza, Molina Lario Terraza, and AC Málaga Palacio terraza. Any of these will do for a great view, ambience and some drinks before the serious clubbing starts.

Also in the city centre there are a lot of clubs you might enjoy: Liceo (popular among foreign students), Sala Gold (extremely popular with everyone), Atlantis (for the younger crowd), Barsovia (for 30+people who enjoy 80s music), Toulousse Lautrec (stylish but cramped) and many others. Google them for directions, although all of them are within walking distance of anywhere you could be staying at in the city centre.

Have fun.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
167 posts
4 reviews
5 helpful votes
7. Re: Nightlife in Malaga?
Save

The oasis terrace, is that on top of the oasis hostel? And is it open to the public?

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
5,171 posts
4 reviews
5 helpful votes
8. Re: Nightlife in Malaga?
Save

Yes, and yes :)

It has great ambience specially on Thursday and Friday afternoons and nights.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
167 posts
4 reviews
5 helpful votes
9. Re: Nightlife in Malaga?
Save

Lovely! We shall give it a go for some pre dinner cocktails!

10. Re: Nightlife in Malaga?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Malaga
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.