We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaga Airport to Seville

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Co Durham
Level Contributor
311 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Malaga Airport to Seville

I've read a few discussions that touch on this topic but need some up to date or definitive advice/answers.

Rather than hire a car for 4 days only to park it up while we arein Seville we thought we might get the train to Seville (2 adults 2 children 8 and 4yo). Our flights arrive just after mid day, can anyone offer there thoughts on this or offer alternatives? Also info on the best way to go about this i.e how do we get to the station from airport, which train is best to catch to seville, costs????

Many thanks in advance TA friends.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
28,873 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malaga Airport to Seville

Train Malaga to Seville www.renfe.es Click on "Welcome" top of the Renfe page for translation.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
54,126 posts
3,459 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malaga Airport to Seville

Lockster:

From Malaga Airport, you can take the Cercanias train to Malaga's Maria Zambrano Station. There you can take the train to Seville. The MD train costs 19.85 euros and takes about 2.5 hours.

Read Buying Renfe Tickets Online.

Co Durham
Level Contributor
311 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malaga Airport to Seville

Best to buy the tickets in advance then? Will have a look later this evening, thanks for the info.

Could be cheaper to train than pay for a car and parking for 5 days by the sound of it.

Best check how far from the train station the hotel is?

Co Durham
Level Contributor
311 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malaga Airport to Seville

Where abouts is the station in Seville that we arrive in from Malaga? We are staying in the Hotel Petit Palace Marques de Sana Ana and were wondering if the station is neaby.

Also when we return to Malaga we have a night in the Petit Palace Plaza Hotel, i'm confused as to whether this is near the station.

Not really very good am I? Maps on thenet aren't coming u with what I want.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malaga Airport to Seville

Your hotel in Sevilla is about 2Kms from the railway station.The hotel in Malaga is much nearer to Malaga station and is walkable depending on fitness and luggage but a taxi is advisable.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
10,689 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malaga Airport to Seville

You may find that trying to book on the RENFE site may be difficult if before 14 days before travel. The last time we booked malaga to Seville return would not allow us to book before 14 days. plenty of trains running on this route.

Certainly would avoid use of car in Seville, plenty of taxis at railway station in Seville. Trains from airport to Malaga railway station every 20 minutes, about 15 mins journey time.

Co Durham
Level Contributor
311 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Malaga Airport to Seville

I eventually found what I thought was Seville Railway station on google maps and it was 700m to the hotel. So now I'm just confused. Using the same process it was jut over 1 mile in Malaga - maybe a bit too far with 3 cases a 4 year old and an 8 year old with hand luggage.

The Seville mystery will b solved. What is the station name in Seville that Malaga trains arrive in?

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Malaga Airport to Seville

The station in Sevilla is Santa Justa.You may be confusing the symbols for the tram and not the train on the town map.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
54,126 posts
3,459 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Malaga Airport to Seville

Lockster:

the Petit Palace Hotel in Malaga is beside Calle Larios, a very good location.

Co Durham
Level Contributor
311 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Malaga Airport to Seville

Sounds promising Benny. I've not read up much about Malaga yet, we are bedding down to meet friends off the plane. Any quick tips about things to do, see, eat on Calle Larios?