We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Advice

Scotland
Level Contributor
211 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Advice

Hi all,

I'm visiting Malaga in September with my husband, it will be our 3rd stop on a 3 city tour of Spain (Madrid and Seville first). Definitely want to stay in the city itself, however, looking for some relaxation time so either a hotel with a pool or recommendations for a beach we can access easily. Stayed at Silken Puerta before (in winter) and liked it and can get a good deal on a room with a private terrace but would want to know we could get to the beach easily from there or any recommendations for a nice hotel with a pool. Looking to spend under 500 euros for 5 nights.

Thanks in advance.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,070 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Advice

Very jealous, cant think of three better cities to visit in spain, one after each other. have stayed at the Silken Puerta before it is not very central, great for access from railway station but 15 minutes into centre, and even with a terrace not sure of view you will get. You have stayed before if you are happy here 15/20 mintues to the beach. I would go for something more central, Malaga Palacio, Molina Lario or Monte Malaga

Scotland
Level Contributor
211 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Advice

Hi Ian, thanks for the suggestions, will have a look at these. Really looking forward to our trip. Maz

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,070 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Advice

I am sure you will have a great time, Madrid is a good start, night only starts here at 11pm, love eating out at midnight, now in my 60's, great to be able to have a siesta until 10pm, before getting ready to go out. Vast areas of Madrid are parks, you may need the shade even in September.

Not sure if you have been to Madrid before, very smart place, couple entering a bar very smartly dressed in front of us were refused permission, i hesitated as i was wearing jeans, we were waved in, ask door man why, previous guy had trainers, i had shoes, massive difference.

Scarborough
Level Contributor
816 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Advice

Have booked the Malaga Centro for next week and will be posting reviews. Not sure of the proces in Sept but the Ac Palacio was my preferred choise but a littel too expensive for me. I also looked at Maestranza which also has a pool/ terrace. I am hoping for sun, so keep your fingers crossed for me. I will be posting review.

The choices of Madrid and Seville are good. Have you sorted your accom for them. I have stayed several times at the Silken in Seville and got great deal. Altho out of the centre quite acccessible and I got a really good deal in Sept. They have a pool which was my reason for choosing and I have done the central Seville thing already.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
58,448 posts
3,578 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Advice

Maz:

A very popular beach is the Malagueta Beach, which is a 10 minute walk from the center of Malaga. The hotels that Ian recommended have rooftop pools.

Scotland
Level Contributor
211 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Advice

Hi, thanks for all your replies, have gone for the AC Malaga. Got a good deal with breakfast on Travel Republic.

Ian - we have been to Madrid before but only in winter so really looking forward to seeing it in the summer.

Ponymad - hope the sun shines for you, will look out for your trip report.

BennyMalaga - will check out the beach.

Thanks again, expect I will be back with more questions!

Maz

7. Re: Hotel Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 07:16