We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Seville to Granada: Suggestions?

Vermont
Level Contributor
14 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from Seville to Granada: Suggestions?

I am taking two days next week to drive from Seville to Granada, staying overnight in Ronda.

I am interested in visiting a few White Villages and doing some hiking (perhaps a two-hour hike each day). Of secondary interest is seeing the Sierras, and of least interest, but would consider, going to the coast.

I would appreciate any suggestions! Thanks in advance.

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Seville to Granada: Suggestions?

Hiking - 'Google' - Ronda Today walking routes.

El Chorro perhaps and I do not mean the dangerous path.

The Vias Verdes may suit at a couple of places, but you would have to deviate some off the direct journey between Ronda and Granada.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,782 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Seville to Granada: Suggestions?

White villages info www.andalucia.com/villages/home.htm

Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from Seville to Granada: Suggestions?

I am just back from a few weeks in that region. On the way from Seville to Ronda you will pass through the towns of Zahara and Grazalema. These are typical white towns. There are several hikes into Grazalema NP that start right in or near the town of Grazalema. Zahara has a cool castle perched up high that makes a nice shorter hike. The area around Grazalema is quite steep and the roads equally dramatic. Consequently driving times to cover distance are a bit longer.

In Ronda, you can simply walk out of town, below the city walls,downstream of the river that flows through town, and hike along country roads for as long as you'd like.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,898 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving from Seville to Granada: Suggestions?

Maybe visit the old city of Cadiz and walk around the city walls with some lovely sights and gardens then along the length of Playa Victoria which is fantastically popular in high summer then depending on your schedule you can always take a bus back to the city from far end of Playa Victoria called Cortadura. Or even a local train can take you back. Some nice sunsets from this side of Cadiz.

5. Re: Driving from Seville to Granada: Suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 17:17