We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sixt or Autoeurope at Frankfurt Airport

atlanta
Level Contributor
258 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Sixt or Autoeurope at Frankfurt Airport

I currently have a reservation with Thrifty at Frankfurt Airport which I plan to cancel after reading several threads about problems. Does anyone have any experience with either Sixt or Auto Europe at FRA? They're prices are similiar.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sixt or Autoeurope at Frankfurt Airport

I would recommend Sixt. Just make sure you specify CDW at the time you book (if you need it) as CDW is a lot more expensive to buy at the desk.

With certain classes of car, you can specify a diesel engine, which is much better for fuel economy.

I got a better prepaid deal from sixt.de than from sixt.com. The only difference with sixt.de was that I was limited to 400km per day, which was enough for me (plus the site is in German, but Google Translate worked well).

Edited: 26 July 2011, 22:13
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,547 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sixt or Autoeurope at Frankfurt Airport

www.autoeurope.com

(and also www.gemut.com)

are rental car brokers. Thus you may get a Sixt car in the end anyway. From the reviews I've seen they offer however the better service and are more flexible than the rental companies themselves.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sixt or Autoeurope at Frankfurt Airport

Auto Europe will use Sixt and Thrifty, but also others like europcar...so try and find out by calling them who exactly the quote will be with

Mansfield, Texas
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sixt or Autoeurope at Frankfurt Airport

I just reserved a car a couple of weeks ago using Gemut.com. They are, as stated by abalada, a broker/travel agent, but their customer service was great. I received my booking confirmation and the car is actually from Europcar (not dollar or thrify, thank goodness). Even if you don't rent through them, I highly recommend you check out their site, as they have wonderful information on renting cars in Europe. Also, check with your credit card company regarding the insurance. My Capital One card covers my rental car with insurance, but you MUST decline the rental company's insurance or the card's insurance is void. Also a good idea to have a print out of the credit card's stated benefits or a letter stating they cover your insurance.

Mansfield, Texas
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sixt or Autoeurope at Frankfurt Airport

Oh! I forgot to mention that the rate I received thru Gemut was approx $100 cheaper than the rate I got through AAA!!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
995 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sixt or Autoeurope at Frankfurt Airport

We've used gemut.com many times, and they are excellent. You aren't just a reservation number to Andy and the rest of the gemut.com staff.

7. Re: Sixt or Autoeurope at Frankfurt Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 04:16