We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frankfurt Red light District

Which Frankfurt hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
san francisco
6 posts
Save Topic
Frankfurt Red light District

Does anyone know howfar is Franfurt redlight from the airport and can it be fesible to check it out within five hours stay during the day time?

Is it easy to check it via bus/transit. I heard security takes too long on the flights getting back to us.

I appreciate any help.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Frankfurt Red light District

Usually people ask how to avoid it. But OK... At least someone is being honest on here ;-)

It's exactly 18 minutes from the airport. From Terminal 1 follow signs to "Local trains station" (there also is another train station) and then take any East-bound S8 or S9 train to Hauptbahnhof (main train station).

Leave the station thru the main gate, cross the street and walk into Kaiserst. (the street pointing to the middle of the main gate) and walk it for around 100 yards.

BINGO! Check the side streets as well ;-) The one parallel to Kaiserst on the left (as seen from the station) must be quite popular. I've got to drive right thru it quite frequently and cars with license plates from all over South-Western Germany seem to be looking for parking in there ;-)...

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
35,585 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Frankfurt Red light District

inner city map

vgf-ffm.de/vgf/…Plan_Stadtmitte_d.pdf

fields D/E 5/6

roughly the blocks covered by the name "Platz der Republik"

In the Kaiserstrasse itself there are only a few s*x shops left. Which alone won't count for a red light district in Germany. You can find such shops also at the airport.

S-Bahn trains from the airport (basement of Terminal 1) to Hauptbahnhof (main railway station) need only 11 minutes. From there it's only a short walk.

> I heard security takes too long on the flights getting back to us.

This is something you have to check with your airline. For flights to the US security takes really long. You normally have to check-in 2,5-3 hours before departure for flights to the US.

san francisco
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Frankfurt Red light District

Thanks guys for the info

4. Re: Frankfurt Red light District

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 22:17