We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gate Z50 to Gate B1

Golden, CO
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Topic
Gate Z50 to Gate B1

I am leaving today from the US to Florence via Frankfurt. I see we are assigned to arrive in Frankfurt at gate Z50 and I depart from B1. I recognize that gates can change, but if they stay the same, I notice that both gates are at the end of their respective concourses. Can I simply walk to gate B1 after coming downstairs from Z50 to the A gates, or must I go thru the tunnel---in other words, is the passenger tunnel the only option for walking from Z/A to B?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
1 reply
Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,324 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gate Z50 to Gate B1

You can also use the SkyTrain but that would require an additional security check. Otherwise using the tunnel is the only (and probably best) option in your case. That‘s what they built tunnel for so you can walk there. Not sure how „using the tunnel“ and „simply walking there“ are two different things.

But as you said, gates do change and in Frankfurt they almost always do. Chances are that both your arrival and departure gates will change by the time you land in Frankfurt.

Don‘t look at maps too much, it will only confuse you. Frankfurt is a very large airport. Looking at maps and thinking you know where to go is exactly what gets you lost in this airport. Just follow the signs, they will get you there and do check the departure screens for your actual gate as soon as you arrive.

Edited: 25 April 2018, 17:37
Mentioned in this post
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
Reply to: Gate Z50 to Gate B1
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted