We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit from Frankfurt to Cologne

1 post
Transit from Frankfurt to Cologne

Dear Experts

I am taking a flight to Frankfurt and then included in it a train to Cologne rail station. I am travelling alone for the first time in an international flight. I will have 2 and half hours to board the train. I will need to get through Customs, Immigration and Luggage collection. I need to know the order in which this will be done and then where will I get my luggage from ?

How do I then get boarding pass for the train and then how do I get to the train station. (This is a Lufthansha Express rail from Frankfurt to Cologne which leaves Frankfurt at 9:09 pm in the night).

2 replies to this topic
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,863 posts
1. Re: Transit from Frankfurt to Cologne

That's all answered here

https:/…Lufthansa-Express-Rail

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,805 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Transit from Frankfurt to Cologne

You will get your boarding pass for the train when you check-in for your other flights. Go through immigration and follow the signs to the Airrail (express rail) terminal / long distance train station. Shortly before you arrive in the station‘s hall you will find the Lufthansa Rail center on your left hand side where you will pick up your luggage and take it through customs. 2.5 hours is more than enough time to do all that. Once you have collected your luggage the walk to the platforms is only about 2 minutes.

Reply to: Transit from Frankfurt to Cologne
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Frankfurt