We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Fussen to Milan

Point of Rocks...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Train from Fussen to Milan

I'm planning to take a train from Fussen, Germany to Milan, Italy in October but am confused by what I am reading on the various train websites. I'm looking to get there quickly and for the least cost and any advice would be very much appreciated. A couple of specific questions:

Is it best to make reservations ahead of time for this train trip (or any portion of this trip)?

The train itineraries on line (for example, through www.rome2rio.com) show trips with 5 transfers and some allow only 4 minutes to get to your next train. Is this even feasible?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,666 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Fussen to Milan

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Start: Füssen

Destination: MILANO

and add Munich as a stopover. This is not the fastest option. But one with few changes. And one you can get discounted specials for if you buy in advance.

Via (1): München Hbf

Point of Rocks...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Fussen to Milan

Thank you very much for the reply. I requested a price quote (prices weren't listed on their website for the date we are traveling). Two connections are a whole lot better than 5! I hope the price is agreeable.

Thanks again!

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,666 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Fussen to Milan

Check for the same day of the week less than 92 days into the future. If your travel day is before 13. December 2015 prices will stay the same. And also afterwards they will be most likely the same (discounted specials) or only slightly more.

4. Re: Train from Fussen to Milan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2016, 05:19