We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fussen to Frankfurt(M) Flughafen Fernbf - am i right?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Fussen to Frankfurt(M) Flughafen Fernbf - am i right?

Hi:

I am planning to take a train from Fussen to the Frankfurt airport on Sept 25 in the cheapest possible way and this is what I have come up with:

Take a regional train (are trains marked as "RB" regional trains?) from Fussen (Main) to Augsburg Hbf on my Bayern ticket.

Take an ICE from Augsburg Hbf to Frankfurt(M) Flughafen Fernbf. Problem: this train is showing one change at Mannheim Hbf for 7 minutes where I will have to change from Platform 2 to 3. Do you think that is doable with at least 15 kgs of luggage with me in 7 minutes?

Is there a cheaper way to do this without too much discomfort and too many changes? Thank you all for your help!

Bests,

Harshita

Paradise, California
Destination Expert
for Rhineland-Palatinate
Level Contributor
7,187 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: Fussen to Frankfurt(M) Flughafen Fernbf - am i right?

"Is there a cheaper way to do this without too much discomfort and too many changes? "

I'm sure there is. Normally you would not use a Bayern ticket to get to Augsburg first - you'd just book a ticket from Füssen. And I'm sure that there are ways to get a longer layover than 7 minutes if that's not comfortable for you (although it should not be physically difficult - you arrive and leave from the same platform since #2 and #3 tracks share one platform.) But you haven't told us what your cost is. Also, what time do you have to be at FRA? Are you staying there overnight or trying to catch an afternoon flight? How many are traveling? Just you?

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,887 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Fussen to Frankfurt(M) Flughafen Fernbf - am i right?

>Problem: this train is showing one change at Mannheim Hbf for 7 minutes where I will have to change from Platform 2 to 3. Do you think that is doable with at least 15 kgs of luggage with me in 7 minutes?

How much time do you need to cross a 10 m wide platform? Certainly less than 7 minutes even with bags. My guess is somewhere about 10 seconds.

3. Re: Fussen to Frankfurt(M) Flughafen Fernbf - am i right?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2016, 05:16