We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tegelberg paragliding

Madison County, IL
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
tegelberg paragliding

I am interested in paragliding from Tegelberg. I have looked into the professional companies and the cost is approx. $175. Due to uncertainty in my schedule I can't plan/confirm/book a time. As such I was going to hope to hitch a ride with a paraglider from the tegelberg base if and when it fits my schedule. Also, it would be great to save the money.

In the Rick Steve's book he writes "Thrill-Seekers with exceptional social skills may talk themselves into a tandem ride with a paraglider"

Has anyone actually done this? Any advice or experience to share?

Is there a club of enthusiast that I could try to contact to set something like this up?

A

2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: tegelberg paragliding

Aaron,

I'm headed to Tegelberg in September, did you have any luck? Also, what professional company's did you find? I'm looking to do the same thing.

Madison County, IL
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tegelberg paragliding

hitching a ride is impossible. The "rig" needed to accommodate a tandem flight is different than a single jumpers rig. So the people you hope to hitch with don't have the needed equipment to help you.

I was not able to haggle or otherwise get a lower price. I am pretty aggressive about price negotiation, but had no luck.

Long story short, if it is something you want to do, you are best just to book it in advance and pay for it. We actually didn't go as it rained both days we were there, but I still did the leg work as I was hoping to do it on the second day if it didn't rain.

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: tegelberg paragliding

Thanks for the advice. I'll take your word for it. Hopefully the weather is good for us!

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
8,451 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: tegelberg paragliding

I wouldn't say impossible but very unlikely. Only chance would be if you find a non-commercial tandem pilot who is looking for a pedestrian as passenger for a training flight. But that chance happening, when you just show up at a given date, is next to zero.

5. Re: tegelberg paragliding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2016, 07:18