We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fussen to florence

Minneapolis, MN, USA
13 posts
fussen to florence

Hi,

I will be near Fussen visiting neuschwanstein castle in the morning of Saturday, July 4th. Can someone please tell me what options i have if I want to go from Fussen to Florence ?

If i want to go from Fussen to Innsbruck and take a train from Innsbruck, then could you please tell me how i can get from fussen to Innsbruck ?

or is it easier to just go from fussen to munich and take the train from there ?

Thanks !!

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,887 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: fussen to florence

>Can someone please tell me what options i have if I want to go from Fussen to Florence ?

Please learn using www.bahn.de - it has all the information you need.

To: Firenze

>If i want to go from Fussen to Innsbruck and take a train from Innsbruck, then could you please tell me how i can get from fussen to Innsbruck ?

Pretty inconvenient: a bus or taxi to Reutte, a local train from there to garmisch-Partenkirchen and another local train from there to Innsbruck.

>or is it easier to just go from fussen to munich and take the train from there ?

It depends - see above.

Freiburg im...
Level Contributor
2,814 posts
2. Re: fussen to florence

Ryanair offers cheap flights from Memmingen to Pisa, which is about 60km away from Florence.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,887 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: fussen to florence

This sounds like the easiest way to get there, as long as the usual Ryanair restrictions don´t prove too hard in a specific case.

Minneapolis, MN, USA
13 posts
4. Re: fussen to florence

I appreciate your feedback so much. I booked a train from Fussen to Florence.

Now, I am trying to figure out the next part of my trip. I will be in Cinque Terra. From there, I want to go to a nice beach in southern france, stay there for a night and then go to Paris.

So, Nice is on my radar. And i found some trains from Cinque Terra to Nice. I then need to figure out how to go from Nice to Paris. Are there any cheap flights from Nice to Paris ? I checked RyanAir but could not find any matches. Air france seems to fly from Nice to Paris but that looks very expensive. Is the rail a much better deal for that trip ?

Any suggestions ?

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,887 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: fussen to florence

>Is the rail a much better deal for that trip ?

Considering that the train only takes about 5 1/2 hours and you need at least 4 - 4 1/2 h to get anywhere else by plane, and that the trains are far more frequent than planes, I would say yes.

If your destination is the airport itself - to fly out immediately - then I would recommend flying.

6. Re: fussen to florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2009, 05:39