We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question on travel from Fussen to Innsbruck

Charlotte
Level Contributor
52 posts
275 reviews
Question on travel from Fussen to Innsbruck

I posted this in the Bavaria forum, but figured it may help to post it in the Fussen forum.

I need to get from Fussen to Innsbruck on Tuesday 9/18 via public transportation. I've read where the best way is to get bus 74 to Reutte then the train to Innsbruck. Could that whole trip (both bus and train) be covered by a Bayern ticket? If so, can the bayern ticket be bought online ahead of time and if not, can I buy it in Fussen? If not by Bayern ticket, can I buy both the bus ticket and train ticket online ahead of time? If so, on which websites? Thank you.

3 replies to this topic
Bochum, Germany
Level Contributor
82 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Question on travel from Fussen to Innsbruck

I would advice you to take the Flixbus for this route.

It is a direct service and can be booked at www.flixbus.de

The journey lasts 2 or 3 hours and if you book it now, it will only cost 4,99€

Edited: 25 August 2018, 22:58
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,679 posts
2. Re: Question on travel from Fussen to Innsbruck

You cannot use the Bayern (Bavaria) Ticket.

From Füssen to Innsbruck the VVT tariff applies. This is the public transport tariff of the Austrian state Tyrol. Single trip ticket is EUR 17,60. You can buy the ticket from the bus driver of the #74 bus to Reutte.

http://www.vvt.at

Sadly they have killed their English pages with their last re-design.

Charlotte
Level Contributor
52 posts
275 reviews
3. Re: Question on travel from Fussen to Innsbruck

Thank you both for your reply. Just so I'm clear, aballada, are you saying that I can wait and buy the end to end ticket from Fussen to Innsbruck on the day of my trip (Sept 18) from the bus driver for EUR 17,60? And that ticket will cover both the bus to Reutte and the train to Innsbruck? Do the seats ever sell out? Thanks again.

Reply to: Question on travel from Fussen to Innsbruck
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted