We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swan ticket or Wittelsbach with 14 day Ticket?

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Swan ticket or Wittelsbach with 14 day Ticket?

My sister and I will be visiting Neuschwanstein, Hohenschwangau and the museum on 11th January 2018. I know you can reserve tickets online (which we plan to do), but we're not sure which combination ticket to reserve.

We will have the 14 day ticket from the Bavarian Palace Department, which covers the entrance cost to Neuschwanstein, but don't want to reserve the Wittelsbach Ticket (for just Hohenschwangau and the museum) if it means missing out on a spot for Neuschwanstein. However, if I reserve the Swan Ticket (for all 3) I don't want to essentially have to pay again for Neuschwanstein.

Do I reserve the Swan ticket and make a note that I have the 14 Day ticket, hoping that they'll make a price adjustment? (Swan ticket = 31.50Euros, Wittelsbach ticket = 22.00 Euros) or just reserve the Wittelsbach ticket and hope there are spaces available for Neuschwanstein on the day?

(I must also add we have a VERY tight day, we have a 5.30pm train to catch from Fussen. Missing this link to Garmisch-Paternkirchen adds over an hour travelling time for later buses/trains, so getting a late entrance time to Neuschwanstein - which might happen if we book on the day - would really mess up our plans)

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
1. Re: Swan ticket or Wittelsbach with 14 day Ticket?

Just wondering if people really don't know, or if there is another reason why no one has answered both questions I have submitted to this forum?

Would love to know!

2. Re: Swan ticket or Wittelsbach with 14 day Ticket?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2018, 05:16