We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage Storage in Nuremburg

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
27 posts
29 reviews
6 helpful votes
Luggage Storage in Nuremburg
Save

I am optimistically planning for a Christmas Market river cruise we booked for this December (fingers crossed). Our cruise ends in Nuremberg. Once we depart the cruise ship, I was interested in doing a day trip with a guide from Nuremberg prior to leaving that evening by train for Frankfurt. The guide we are interested in using does not have a vehicle that can accommodate our luggage. I feel that relying on bag lockers at the train station could be risky since they may all be full. Does anyone know if any hotels near the train station or the cruise dock would store luggage for the day for a fee? Thank you!

1 reply
Paradise, California
Destination Expert
for Rhineland-Palatinate
Level Contributor
7,930 posts
28 reviews
31 helpful votes
1. Re: Luggage Storage in Nuremburg
Save

I've never had trouble finding locker space there, but I don't think your concern about this is totally unjustified. It's a busy time for Nuremberg for sure. And sometimes small lockers are available but not the large ones.

Staying over in Nuremberg would remove your luggage storage concerns. Direct morning trains to Frankfurt take you there in 2 hours.

"I was interested in doing a day trip with a guide from Nuremberg..."

Does the guide not offer any storage alternatives? Seems to me that guides ought to have a suggestion or two if they know their own city well enough.

A day trip to where? If you are visiting Bamberg - or somewhere else with a station and lockers - you might find less competition for locker space there than in Nuremberg. Catch the train there, meet your guide's little car at that station?

A different guide with a larger car might be a good option.

Edited: 23 February 2021, 00:24
Reply to: Luggage Storage in Nuremburg
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.