We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from and to Airport and two days in the city

Which Munich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
175 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from and to Airport and two days in the city

What kind of ticket would you recommend for a family of four (two adults and two children) to come and go from Munich airport and spend two days visiting the city? Is it worth taking a taxi from and to the airport? Since we're visiting Austria first, we'll be having a rental car with us. Is it worth keeping it for two days in Munich or should we just leave it in the airport (where we picked it before leaving for Austria)? Thanks in advance.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from and to Airport and two days in the city

I would advise you return your car to a location in the city itself, having first dropped your bags at your hotel. You will save some time and you might even get a cheaper car hire rate.

A Partner Day Ticket (whole network), for €19.60, will cover your whole family for a full day on the entire MVV network, including the airport. You have to validate this before you use it.

If you are going to return the car to the airport, a Partner Airport-City-Day ticket is available at the airport station. It is basically the same as the Partner Day Ticket mentioned above, but pre-validated for the day you buy it.

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
10,834 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from and to Airport and two days in the city

Pls beware- if you buy a ticket at airport, it may still need validating.

Using an unvalidated ticket will cause you to be fined if caught.

Somerset,England
Level Contributor
962 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from and to Airport and two days in the city

You'll pay extra if you pick up and drop off your car at different locations

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
175 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from and to Airport and two days in the city

Surprisingly I pay the same using two different locations. Also I pay less if I rent for 6 days than if I rent for 4.

The question is what's the cost to park the car in Munich for two days. We have no use for the car there, but we might as well keep it, if it's cheaper than dropping it off and pay public transport to the airport.

How much is public parking for two days in central Munich?

5. Re: Transportation from and to Airport and two days in the city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2013, 10:25