We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Munich Transportation

salisbury, england
Level Contributor
32 posts
15 reviews
Munich Transportation

We're a family of 2 adults and 1 14 year old, trying to make sense of Munich's travel system - and not getting very far! Can anyone offer us some advice? We're staying just outside the city centre and will probably spend most of our time visiting attractions within the inner (white tariff) area but allso want to use the system to go out to Dachau, Nymphenburg, Sturnberger and so on . . . .

We're staying in Munich from Wednesday for a week so I guess the week's pass won't be of much use as it's only valid from Sun to Mon, so is is best to use the 'stripe' tickets, 'partner' day tickets, I'm confused! I'd be grateful for any help or advice . . .

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,743 posts
1. Re: Munich Transportation

Use partner day tickets, which are mini group (2-5 persons) day tickets.

For the inner district (white zone) there is also a 3-days partner day ticket.

mvv-muenchen.de/en/…index.html

All of the city of Munich is inside the white zone. Also Nymphenburg palace.

Dachau is in the green zone. Use a partner day ticket for Munich XXL (white and green zones).

mvv-muenchen.de/en/…index.html

For trips to places like Starnberg, Herrsching, Andechs, Munich Airport you need the ticket version for the entire MVV network.

2. Re: Munich Transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 17:15