We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Euro 21

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
472 posts
73 reviews
32 helpful votes
Euro 21
Save

Hi

The UK Government has said that fans will be allowed into grounds by the time Euro 21 starts. I have tickets for Germany V Portugal on June 19th. What is the feeling in Germany that grounds will be open for the Euro's ?

Thanks.

15 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
7 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: Euro 21
Save

the UK government has said some fans, not more than 10,000 or 25% capacity, COULD be allowed in but not before 17th May. Not before is not the same as from. This has an effect on the Euro games in England which could cause ripples throughout the championship. So your question still stands, but even if the German goverment say OK will the Bavarian goverment need to agree with them?

However I've just found this, which is something that has been rumbling for months, and it's looking like there won't be any games in Germany - or anywhere else outside England.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/england-very-likely-to-be-sole-host-of-euro-2020-this-summer

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
472 posts
73 reviews
32 helpful votes
2. Re: Euro 21
Save

After the first two group games at Wembley,the rest will be full capacity.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
472 posts
73 reviews
32 helpful votes
3. Re: Euro 21
Save

I keep reading different things about where the games will be played. After all the speculation yesterday about it,a couple of good sources said that UEFA still planned to stick to the 12 venues.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
10,087 posts
92 reviews
60 helpful votes
4. Re: Euro 21
Save

I very much doubt that a game with more than a token crowd will happen in Germany, I have heard that the plan here is no large events before October

Shrewsbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canary Islands, Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
14,582 posts
890 reviews
368 helpful votes
5. Re: Euro 21
Save

We all hope that things will be back to normal for Euro 21, but personally I can’t see grounds being at full capacity. I hope I am proven wrong.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
472 posts
73 reviews
32 helpful votes
6. Re: Euro 21
Save

The German FA have to let UEFA know by April 9th if fans will be allowed in.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
10,087 posts
92 reviews
60 helpful votes
7. Re: Euro 21
Save

As hotels are not open to tourists by then and restaurants remain shut I can't see how it can be allowed as there are no guarantees when things will open

Edited: 04 March 2021, 14:26
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
472 posts
73 reviews
32 helpful votes
8. Re: Euro 21
Save

I,m clutching at straws bongo. I've got tickets to the two biggest group games and,it looks like i,m going to miss both of them. Hopefully,now they've given the go ahead to the AZ vaccine,things may speed up a bit.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
381 posts
14 reviews
8 helpful votes
9. Re: Euro 21
Save

Have there been any local media reports on what the government plans to submit to UEFA this week? Any details on number of fans, potential for Fans outside Germany to attend, etc? I am not seeing anything specific to Munich’s proposal in the English speaking media today...

Like some of the others who have posted, I have tickets to two matches in Munich, but recognize that the probability of being able to use them is very low given the state of things in Germany at the moment.

Edited: 05 April 2021, 20:06
Mainz, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Germany, Bavaria, Frankfurt
Level Contributor
16,588 posts
74 reviews
74 helpful votes
10. Re: Euro 21
Save

No word out yet. But at this point the city of Munich will simply not be able to guarantee that spectators will be able to attend the matches - let alone fans from abroad. The UEFA‘s demand just shows how out of touch with reality the association is.

Reply to: Euro 21
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.