We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

connection flight through Munic Airport

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
358 posts
connection flight through Munic Airport
Save

Hello

As I plan to have a connection flight through Munich airport (terminal 2) on July I would like to minimize my risk to be infected from other people. On one way I will have 2 hours between flight and on the way back 12 hours. I will be vaccinated at that time.

- Is there any VIP service, special room or a way not to spend time with many people together?

- Will I need to have PCR test before coming or can skip it as I will be in transit only and also vaccinated?

5 replies to this topic
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
36,347 posts
81 reviews
67 helpful votes
1. Re: connection flight through Munic Airport
Save

as long as you stay airside, you will have no problems. but please remember, even if you yourself have been vaccinated, you can still transmit the virus to others, so you should continue to continue social distancing.

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
49 reviews
36 helpful votes
2. Re: connection flight through Munic Airport
Save

Rules will change between now and July. Better think about it closer to the time. Very Important People tend to go to airport lounges but I'm not sure that's a great idea as they tend to be much smaller areas than the general area where the masses congregate. Maybe staying with the plebs would be a wiser option. Also depends on how busy everywhere is. Could be like hell on earth at airports in general if the masses are let loose to travel.

Mainz, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Germany, Bavaria, Frankfurt
Level Contributor
16,582 posts
74 reviews
74 helpful votes
3. Re: connection flight through Munic Airport
Save

Note that Munich airport has a large covered outdoor area between the terminals (outside security) which is probably safer than any enclosed room like a lounge.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich
Level Contributor
4,866 posts
47 reviews
27 helpful votes
4. Re: connection flight through Munic Airport
Save

I am presuming you will be using terminal 2 on your way there and back (well.... aside from the fact that boarding for the Israel flights are in a special secure area for boarding your flight home) and thats a gigantic terminal and even in pre covid times you could always find plenty of space away from other people.

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
368 posts
15 reviews
13 helpful votes
5. Re: connection flight through Munic Airport
Save

There is a wonderful Outdoor beer garden at the airport.

Reply to: connection flight through Munic Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.