We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I have bad seats?

Thousand Oaks...
Level Contributor
9 posts
35 reviews
24 helpful votes
Do I have bad seats?
Save

I got on line this morning to buy the best available passion play tickets for Oberammergau 2022. For the date I wanted they gave me row 15 (good) but then all the way over to seats 61 and 62. I’ve never been there but when I look at the seating chart it looks like I’m 10 seats over from the right side in a row of 70 seats. Is this going to be the best experience of my life, or am I going to be sad the whole time because I’m too far over? Thanks. Also, when can I start booking hotels (and which one)?

3 replies to this topic
tennesee
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
274 reviews
115 helpful votes
1. Re: Do I have bad seats?
Save

David, we're back and over further than your seats and I'm not at all concerned with it. Will it be the best experience of your life, well only you will know. It will certainly be an experience. Hotels won't open for reservations until later this year and expect not to be able to get rooms at all in Oberammergau (they almost all will be reserved for tours and packages). Garmisch-Partenkirchen may be your best bet as it has more beds available. In Garmisch, we enjoy Rendl's Partenkirchenerhof which is conveniently located near the Bahnhof (easy to grab a bus or train). Biohotel Bavaria is also a nice one in Garmisch. The Almenrausch und Edelweiss hotel in Garmisch is a nice family run hotel we stayed in one year, though I think they hold out their rooms for Play packages and may not release unbooked rooms until closer April 2022. Good luck in. your search.

Thousand Oaks...
Level Contributor
9 posts
35 reviews
24 helpful votes
2. Re: Do I have bad seats?
Save

Very kind of you to reply. Soon after I wrote the question for the forum I found out I wasn’t going to be able to get a nearby hotel. I decided I had done a terrible job of planning. Around that same day I learned Viking was offering Oberammergau, local lodging, and they’d throw in a trip down the Danube as a package. I returned my original ticket and went with Viking - who had planned a whole lot better than I had!

tennesee
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
274 reviews
115 helpful votes
3. Re: Do I have bad seats?
Save

Viking does it right and you get to leave the hassles of transportation to/from the play to them. Enjoy the cruise.

Reply to: Do I have bad seats?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.