We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Print DB Timetables from home?

Iowa
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Print DB Timetables from home?

I am traveling to Germany in March. We are planning to use the Bayern Ticket multiple times during our trip. is there a way to print train timetables from home before traveling overseas so we know our train options. I found online you can print 3 at a time, but wasn't sure if there was a way to print more than that on a page.

Example: We are planning to go to Salzburg for a day and most likely will stay until early evening, I would love to have a copy of more options available in case we end up wanting to stay longer or leave earlier without going back to the HBF to check the timetable.

Thanks!

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,199 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Print DB Timetables from home?

If you click on "Later" you have 6 (than 9 ...) connections and so on.

Than click on the '>' symbol for the connections you are interested in. This "selects" these connections. If you click now on "Print view" you have the option to select between the "choosen" ones and "all". You can also select to have only an "Overview" or "Details" or even with "Intermediate stops". As these connections are normally all direct you can live with the overview. Otherwise the printout won't fit on one page anyway. You can also select "no" for the fares.

If you're happy with the preview click on the [-> Print] button.

Iowa
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Print DB Timetables from home?

You are wonderful, thank you so much! Abalada, you are a priceless resource on these forums! I have no doubt that many people have had a better, more efficient trip to Germany thanks to all of your help!!

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Print DB Timetables from home?

You can also get free printed timetables for each rail line from the Reisezentrum (travel information desk) at the station.

Fanwood, NJ...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Print DB Timetables from home?

Even better may be the "Perosnal Timetable":

…bahn.de/bin/pf/query-p2w.exe/en

This will let you generate your own timetables akin to those provided at the Reisezentrums based on your own criteria (start station, end station, dates, types of transport, etc.) I find it's a great tool when planning trips as well.

5. Re: Print DB Timetables from home?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2010, 05:20