We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

frankfurt-hahn to Berlin

england
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
frankfurt-hahn to Berlin

My wife and I will arrive Frankfurt-hahn with Ryanair about 10:40 in the morning, and need to go to Berlin on the same day and stay for one night, the next day, will fly from Berlin Schonefeld back to England with Ryanair. |Could some one advise:

1. which is the cheapest way to get to Berlin from Frankfurt-hahn,and where can i get the fare and time information?

take a train is the best way?is it any cheaper to buy train ticket on line than buy it from the station?

2.How far is it from Berlin to Berlin-schonefeld airport?does Ryanair has bus service for this route, and where is the boarding port for the bus if there is one? and it will be great if we can get the information link for the timetable.

many thanks!!!

Mentioned in this post
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Berlin Schonefeld Airport
Schonefeld, Germany
England
England
United Kingdom
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,327 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: frankfurt-hahn to Berlin

Why this?

You're aware of the fact that Hahn is closer to London than to Berlin?

Best would be to try to get a direct flight to Berlin. EasyJet, Air Berlin, Lufthansa, BA, ...

From Hahn Airport you need a shuttle bus to Frankfurt, Frankfurt Airport or Mainz.

www.hahn-airport.de/default.aspx…

From Frankfurt Airport you could fly with flydba.com, Air Berlin or Lufthansa to Berlin.

Or by train. Franfurt to Berlin by ICE needs approx. 4 hours and is EUR 98,00.

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

To: Berlin

Not aware of any special offers for a single trip on this route. There are specials for return tickets. With normal tickets there is no difference if you buy online or at the counter.

Berlin-Schönefeld is in the outskirts of Berlin. It's intergrated in the local public transport network and has its own railway station. Single ticket from anywhere in Berlin to Schönefeld Airport is EUR 2,10.

BVG timetable

http://www.fahrinfo-berlin.de/

To: SXF

For more details/ideas it would be important to know your travel date. E.g. if you're heading to a Football World Cup match in Berlin what I wrote above needs some adjustments.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
Mainz
Mainz
Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
Frankfurt Intl Airport
Frankfurt Intl Airport
Frankfurt, Germany
Schonefeld, Germany
Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: frankfurt-hahn to Berlin

Listen to abalada! FRANKFURT - Hahn is a misnomer. It's an old military field a long way from Frankfurt.

Mentioned in this post
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
england
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: frankfurt-hahn to Berlin

thanks to abalada!

i will fly to frankfurt-hahn from Girona with ryanair, when i book with ryanair, there is not flight from girona to berlin, so i have to take it this way.

and thinking frankfurt to berlin on the train might also be good way to see more of germany, but did not realise it is that far!!!

will it be better to take 1st class because it is a long trip from frankfurt to berlin? is it much difference between 1st and 2nd class seat? like fresh air, donot like air-conditioner....

thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Girona
Girona
Province of Girona, Spain
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,327 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: frankfurt-hahn to Berlin

> will it be better to take 1st class because it is a long trip from frankfurt to berlin? is it much difference between 1st and 2nd class seat?

More space in first class. Also a different mix of passengers. And you can order drinks or snacks to your seat.

If you don't mind that's approx. 55 % more expensive 1st class is OK. But othewise you'll be fine with 2nd class.

> like fresh air, donot like air-conditioner....

Far distance trains have all air-conditioning. On this route even a must that you cannot open the windows. I.e. the trains must be pressure proof, otherwise it would be very unpleasant for the passengers if 2 trains meet with 270 kph each in a tunnel.

england
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: frankfurt-hahn to Berlin

thanks again abalada!

is it a direct train trip, or do i have to change the train during the trip?

I am arriving frankfurt on 23 may.

so i will take a bus to frankfurt train station, take the train from there to Berlin.

will it be a better idea to rent a car from hahn airport, and return the car in berlin to make the trip more cheaper and quicker? how long will it take to drive to berlin?

thanks

Mentioned in this post
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,327 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: frankfurt-hahn to Berlin

> is it a direct train trip, or do i have to change the train during the trip?

There are frequent direct trains from Frankfurt Hbf to Berlin.

> so i will take a bus to frankfurt train station, take the train from there to Berlin.

Yes.

> will it be a better idea to rent a car from hahn airport, and return the car in berlin to make the trip more cheaper and quicker? how long will it take to drive to berlin?

Quicker: certainly not

Cheaper: ?

The distance is approx. 670 km.

Let's say the car consumes 9l/100km. Thus 60l which is alone EUR 80-85.

Mentioned in this post
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Berlin
Level Contributor
432 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: frankfurt-hahn to Berlin

Why not fly with dba from Frankfurt/Main Airport to Berlin-Tegel Airport?

May 23, FRA - TXL, dep 15:40, arr 16:50

= 62,99 EUR incl. all taxes and charges

There are two more flights with dba that day for 83 EUR (dep 08:20) and 103 EUR (dep 18:55)! www.flydba.com

Mentioned in this post
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Tegel Airport
Tegel Airport
Berlin, Germany
Cafe May
Cafe May