We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Full loop Mont Blanc - is rest day good to have?

2 posts
Full loop Mont Blanc - is rest day good to have?

We are planning to do a full loop , 171km Mont Blanc trek next year.

Do you think it is good to have a rest day half way through the trek? We are regular hikers, rather fit.

Would like to hear from fellow hikers.

Many Thanks

Edited: 24 September 2018, 09:16
2 replies to this topic
Toronto
Level Contributor
797 posts
72 reviews
1. Re: Full loop Mont Blanc - is rest day good to have?

I think this is a total personal preference. My husband and did the full loop this summer starting/ending in Chamonix. We took a rest day in Courmayeur. This was after 3 days of hiking. We didn't really 'need' it at this point, but definitely enjoyed it. This now meant we had to do the next 7 days straight.

I would have rather taken a rest day at day 5 or 6. However, it didn't really make sense with our itinerary as there isn't much to do at those locations/days. If we had of planned better, I would have also taken a rest day in Champex (lots to do there).

We are very fit and active people, but are intermediate hikers, and this was the first long distance hike we did. We could have done it straight.. but I think for our personal enjoyment, I'm glad we took a rest day. By day 7/8 my feet were utterly destroyed (still not fully healed) so I think with one day, I fared better ... two days would have been nice!

2 posts
2. Re: Full loop Mont Blanc - is rest day good to have?

Thanks Kassi!

Though we are relatively fit, after numerous days of long trek, the leg muscles would likely feel the strain.

Reply to: Full loop Mont Blanc - is rest day good to have?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted