We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Funfair in St. Remy October 2014

Orchard Lake...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Funfair in St. Remy October 2014

Has anyone stayed in St. Remy during FunFair? We have reservations at Hotel de l'Image for three nights and understand funfair will be going on at this time. The hotel assures us we will not hear noise from our rooms. Will Funfair enhance or distract from our visiting and staying in St. Remy?

UK
Level Contributor
3,975 posts
102 reviews
1. Re: Funfair in St. Remy October 2014

I was there during the festival 3 years ago. I was out of town most of the time, but did see the end of the parades and it was very interesting. You can see more here mairie-saintremydeprovence.fr/la-mairie/agen…

The main issue for me was that the Wednesday market did not take place. The actual funfair is on the car park at place de la Republique, where part of the market takes place.

Orchard Lake...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Funfair in St. Remy October 2014

Thank you for the link! We will be touring Provence most days too but would have liked to spend a relaxing day in town to view the sites in St. Remy. Did you feel the fair interfered with doing so? We are arriving on a Thursday anyway so would have missed the market.

UK
Level Contributor
3,975 posts
102 reviews
3. Re: Funfair in St. Remy October 2014

I don't remember the fair getting in the way of things. Some of the roads are closed off for part of some days for parades etc but you could still walk into the town. If I were you I would relax and join in the things that are going on, there was a parade with Provencal costume and bulls that I remember, and lots of music.

Orchard Lake...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Funfair in St. Remy October 2014

Thanks for your help!

Redondo Beach...
2 posts
1 review
5. Re: Funfair in St. Remy October 2014

Hello, as I was researching St Remy I came across your post. I have reservations to stay at Hotel de l'Image from Sept 26-30. We will have a rental car for travel to other villages. Do you think there will be a problem getting in and out of town during the festival? I am now thinking about changing our plans to stay elsewhere. It all sounds very exciting but not for entire stay in St Remy!

Uxbridge, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
301 reviews
6. Re: Funfair in St. Remy October 2014

Hi, we are going to be in St. Remy from Oct 10...never heard of a fun fair...but sounds like fun. Is this going to be an issue to get out of the town? We will also be staying at the same hotel, but it seems to be close to the exit of town. Thinking we should work our touring schedule around that in order to participate.

Redondo Beach...
2 posts
1 review
7. Re: Funfair in St. Remy October 2014

I believe the final day of the fun fair is tomorrow, 30 Sept. The streets were closed periodically during our stay but the only problem we had was returning to our hotel one night. It was actually very exciting to be here during the fair. One night there were bicycle races that circled the main part of town, right in front of Hotel L'Image. Yesterday there were bulls running through town! This hotel is absolutely wonderful, very new & modern. The valet parking is very convenient and the location is excellent, within walking distance to several restaurants and shops. Enjoy your stay here!

8. Re: Funfair in St. Remy October 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2015, 05:15