We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

there IS a cheaper bus to st raphael from nice/airport !!

Loningen, Germany
10 posts
Save Topic
there IS a cheaper bus to st raphael from nice/airport !!

hi, im going on a 4 week camping trip to port grimaud/ camping marina paradise, but i diddnt understand one thing in the last months of planing, why are the buses so expensive at the airport? i know from earlyer vacations in france that bus driving there is very cheap, but the buses at the airports are 3-5 times expensive than normal bus. so i searched, and finaly found one. for every one who wants to drive by bus to st. raphael or port grimaud/ st. tropez, dont take the airport bus (varlib ), you just have to go 500-700 meters and on your way, you can visit the asian arts museum for free ( http://www.arts-asiatiques.com/ ) or the very nice animalpark, but costs 5 euro, kids till 12 for free ( https:/… ), and take the normal bus ( ouibus ) at station Arenas direct at the animal park, it will cost only 2-4 euro and drives every 20 minutes to st raphael....i definitly try this out, and i have only bordcase with rolls, when you travel with many bags it may be not the best option, but i stay 4 weeks and want to pay less as possible for the transport from and to airport in nice and see as much as possible^^. here is the businformation : https:/…Saint-Tropez and normaly the businformation at rome2rio was never wrong before when i used it. i will tell when i come back in late september if it worked ;)

22 replies to this topic
Loningen, Germany
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: there IS a cheaper bus to st raphael from nice/airport !!

but i diddnt find out if the bus realy stops there, he drives thru...

Vence, France
Level Contributor
9,755 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: there IS a cheaper bus to st raphael from nice/airport !!

Question to Radio Yerevan:

Q: Is it true that Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov from Moscow won a car in a lottery?

A: In principle yes, but:

it wasn't Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov but Aleksander Aleksandrovich Aleksandrov;

he is not from Moscow but from Odessa;

it was not a car but a bicycle;

he didn't win it, but it was stolen from him.

The rest is correct.

--------------

The Ouibus does not stop at Arenas but at T1 or Gare Routiere

The Ouibus stop is not in Saint-Raphael but Frejus

...but the bus from Nice does not go there

But the Varlib does.

But not every 20 min. - every two hours.

The rest is correct. :)

Mentioned in this post
Moscow
Moscow
Central Russia, Russia
Odessa
Odessa
Odessa Oblast, Ukraine
Saint-Raphael
Saint-Raphael
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
Frejus
Frejus
Loningen, Germany
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: there IS a cheaper bus to st raphael from nice/airport !!

Hmm, than I have to do more research. Maybe I can take a bus from station arenas to nice gare routiere, and take the ouibus from there to frejus, should be possible or?

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
11,093 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: there IS a cheaper bus to st raphael from nice/airport !!

I'm sorry , could you be a little more vague?

Ed

Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
8,975 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: there IS a cheaper bus to st raphael from nice/airport !!

Rome2rio is very approximate and cannot be relied upon other than to give a vague idea of what might exist. Only when checking the operators' websites will you know for certain.

Vence, France
Level Contributor
9,755 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: there IS a cheaper bus to st raphael from nice/airport !!

Moritz: When you check out the Ouibus website you'll find out that you can take a bus from Nice (no matter which stop) to Amsterdam or Lisbon but not to Frejus.

From the airport best would certainly be to take a train to Saint Raphael.

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Frejus
Frejus
Saint-Raphael
Saint-Raphael
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
32,448 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: there IS a cheaper bus to st raphael from nice/airport !!

Cheapest is to walk to Nice St Augustin train station and take a train from there. Prices from €11.90 if bought on the day of travel.

Easiest (especially from Terminal 2) is to pay €20 for the Varlib bus, but you won't want to pay that.

Rome2Rio is often wrong.

Loningen, Germany
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: there IS a cheaper bus to st raphael from nice/airport !!

thx for the answers, and yes, i saw on the ouibus site that there is no bus to frejus. but i know from the last years that not all busses have online plans...however, the 20 euro bus drives direct to st tropez? i thought there is nor direct busline. and the common busline that drives to frejus/st raphael from nice airport

(6003?! ) costs about 10 euro!? and is the price for the train to st tropez? or have i change to bus in st raphael too? 20 euro is definitly to much just for st raphael....maybe i cancel the easyjet booking ( bankcancel ) for 78 euro and book a flight to montepellier, that cost only 30 eur atm, and the bus there costs around 10 euro for ~250km to st tropez....but 1, only when rome2rio is right ( in my cases it was always right ) and the second thing is, when i cancel the order at easyjet at my bank, it might be that i never can book again there, because i did it a few month before, and they said 1 time is ok, second time not....;) at least i can take a ride at blahblahcar for under 10 euro, there are many drives for this track, but i prefer to travel on my own per bus, train or boat...;)

Edited: 06 July 2018, 00:33
Loningen, Germany
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: there IS a cheaper bus to st raphael from nice/airport !!

wow, its 3003 and its realy 20 euroto st raphael....:P but i found another line...line 20 to marsaille..., cost 9,90 to frejus, you have to take a bus from there to st raphael, but it costs under 2 euro and is only a few 100 m^^

Loningen, Germany
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: there IS a cheaper bus to st raphael from nice/airport !!

*3 km, but should not cost more than a euro, or i can go by foot and do some sightseeing ;) and the line 20 from nice airport is 12,40 to frejus ( https://www.info-ler.fr/affichage.php?id=13 )

Edited: 06 July 2018, 00:54
Reply to: there IS a cheaper bus to st raphael from nice/airport !!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted