We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus passes in Nice

salisbury, england
Level Contributor
32 posts
15 reviews
Bus passes in Nice

We're spending a week in Nice without a car and looking at our options when using public transport. We'd like to explore Nice and all the usual places around the coast. Looking at the 'Lignes d'Azure' website I see that there's a 7-day bus pass available for 15 euros. That seems like a good deal and I was wondering whether anyone has used this pass - does it apply to the whole area or just the city itself?

Also I wonder if it would be a better idea to use the train and just use the 1 euro bus tickets for travel in the urban area.

Grateful for any advice?

UK
Level Contributor
3,976 posts
102 reviews
1. Re: Bus passes in Nice

The train can get VERY expensive if you are taking a lot of trips. I had a 7 day bus pass last year, and could get everywhere I wanted to on it, it stretched I think as far as Antibes, but not Cannes. SelkieNice will be along shortly and knows all the detail, which I can't find on their jazzy website.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
2. Re: Bus passes in Nice

The pass is a good idea if it covers where you want to go and if it fits your travel dates. It does not suit everyone

The pass is valid in the urban NCA area - ie all of Nice [including use on airport express 98 and 99 ] , Villefranche, Eze, Beaulieu, cap ferrat, Cap D'AIl. st Laurent du var, cagnes sur mer, Vence and St Jeannet and some other places not usually visited by tourists

It is not valid west beyond cagnes sur mer - ie not to Villeneuve loubet, antibes,Cannes Grasse etc and is not valid east beyond Cap d "AIl -ie not valid to Monaco, menton and is also not valid past La Trinite or to St Paul de vence or la Colle sur Loup even though it is valid to Vence and st jeannet

In a nutshell, you can use it on bus or trams with a number under 100 and also on any bus in the hundreds but only within the validity zone.

The buses in the hundreds go outside the validity zone and if you get one in the zone, the ticket machine will validate your ticket because it does not know when it is your intention to travel outside the zone

if you want to travel outside the zone, ie to Monaco, st paul de vence or further afield etc, you pay the driver one euro and get a piece of paper in return , you don't validate the 7 day ticket or you risk a fine.

There are pass isabelle passes for the train within the Alpes maritimes between 1st June and end September for individual use for 14 euros and

35 euros family passes [one day ] and 80 euros [3 consecutive days] are valid all year round. [a family = 2 adults and 2 kids under 16]

salisbury, england
Level Contributor
32 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Bus passes in Nice

Thanks very much for the advice - that's made it all a lot clearer.

4. Re: Bus passes in Nice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Nice