We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Highest Point for a Good View of Nice

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Highest Point for a Good View of Nice

Where can I go in Nice to be able to capture nice photos of entire Nice from a high point?

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Highest Point for a Good View of Nice

mont boron - get off at last stop on bus number 14.

bus 14 timetable

http://www.lignesdazur.com/ftp/lignes_FR/ligne%2014%20(au%2029%2008%2011).pdf

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,306 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Highest Point for a Good View of Nice

For an unusual view of Nice, take a bus to Chemin de Saint Pierre de Féric and get off at a café restaurant appropriately called Bella Vista (102 chemin de St Pierre de Féric).

I think the bus is Nb 64. Selkie will no doubt confirm it.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Highest Point for a Good View of Nice

to go to the point Pvoyageuse mentions take bus 64 to stop Le Piol/Saint Pierre from the train station.

There are many other options eg views from cascade de gairaut several bus options depending where you are starting from , from the observatory [ open for guided visits wed, sat sunday afternoon at 14.45 booking required bus 84 to observatoire ] or similar views from natural parc vinaigrier [bus 84 to sainte anne] etc etc this angle gives a really good view of the airport

mont boron wins for me because of the foreground view of the port , colline de chateau/old town and baie des anges and the fact that there are alos great views for cap ferrat and villefranche by walking to otherside of the hill

Edited: 02 March 2012, 13:14
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Highest Point for a Good View of Nice

Is it worth going up to the Colline de chateau, or is that just a place plugged by guide-books?I'll be in Nice tomorrow.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Highest Point for a Good View of Nice

Shaun = the colline de chateau gives a good view over the old tow and baie des anges and port on other side of the hill .

there are a couple of cafes , a kids play area, ruins of the chateau and , the waterfall , cemetery ,etc

The view is not as spectacular as the view from mont boron but is easier to get to since you can either climb the steps from the old town , walk up, take the lift/elevator which is now free rather than fee-paying , or take the mini land train tourist thingy

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Highest Point for a Good View of Nice

Yes, I loved it. Like a different world - really laid back - an oasisand with some great views.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,342 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Highest Point for a Good View of Nice

I agree with Mt Boron. Some years ago went there about an hour before sunset ( a wonderful time for perched villages too) with last sun light shining on red roofs of Nice, Cap d'Antibes and the mountains of Esterel in the western distance. A magical sight.

Ed

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Highest Point for a Good View of Nice

Thanks. I will go to Mont Boron.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Highest Point for a Good View of Nice

Thank you selkieNice, we did go up the colline de chateau-walked up and got lift down.Some lovely views up there!

I'll get myself up Mont Boron the next time I go

Edited: 09 March 2012, 11:12
10. Re: Highest Point for a Good View of Nice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2013, 10:23