We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus route 98 - new map?

Brazil
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bus route 98 - new map?

Hello!

Can you tell me where I can find the new bus 98 route IN A MAP?

At Lignes D'azur website I was able to find just the time table... I can not localize in a map where the stops are...

Which stop is the closest to NH Hotel?

Merci!!

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus route 98 - new map?

There is no map with the new 98 bus route as yet.

I would take tram from stop palais des expositions to place garibaldi and take 98 from bus stop garibaldiremember and buy a one day pass at the tram machines

or you could walk to Riquier from your hotel - 10- 15 mins

Brazil
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus route 98 - new map?

Thanks selkieNice! That would be the itinerary from hotel to airport.

Could you also advice from airport to hotel?

Thank you!

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus route 98 - new map?

On way from airport to hotel, get off at bus stop cathedral/vieille ville - cross to other side of tracks and take tram to palais des expositions.the hotel is just across the sqaure from the tram stop palais des expositions

when you get off the bus and on the tram [or viceversa- remember to revaliadate your ticket in the machine

Edited: 19 January 2011, 19:33
Brazil
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus route 98 - new map?

Thanks! I did not know the need of revalidation...

At the airport bus will I buy a 1-day pass or a specific ticket for airport - city route?

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus route 98 - new map?

Buy a one day ticket from one of the ticket offices at the airport or from the bus driver. The ticket is valid on the airport buses, trams and other buses within the ligne d azur zone for one day

Always validate and revaliadete the tickets when making a connection as an unvalidated ticket can lead to a fine if the tickets are isnpected

Brazil
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus route 98 - new map?

Thanks again!

Is this one day ticket valid for the bus routes to Monaco/Menton (110, 112), Eze (82)?

If not, where do I purchase tickets for these routes? Directly with the driver?

Regard!

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus route 98 - new map?

The one day ticket is currently only valid between Nice and cap d 'ail in the monaco /menton direction so you can use the ticket on t5he bus route but need a duifferent one if travelling into monaco or menton

You can use it to Eze village as Eze village is within the tarif zone.

At the moment if you want to use a single tickt between Nice and monaco or Nice and menton you pay the driver one euro .

If you need to connect with the longer distance bus [100, 112, 200,400,500 7hundreds etc] by bus or tram, you need a ticket azur ticket whichj must be pre purchesed from the ticket offices specifying which bus lines you will want to use - offices at place massena, malaussena, across from train station etc Ticket azur tickets also cost one euro and like the other tickets, can be kept tioll you use them as they only start from the moment of validation ..

This is why not validating a ticket can result in a fine if the bus is inspected

Brazil
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus route 98 - new map?

selkieNice, you are great!

Where I can find information about which routes are within the tarif zone?

Thanks once more!

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus route 98 - new map?

this is the most recent map of the tarif zone - do not use if for buses in the centre as it has not been updated

lignesdazur.com/ftp/…202010prot.pdf

In a nutshell the tarif zone includes any bus with a number less than 100 extending to cagnes sur mer in the west, cap d 'ail ; in the east, Vence and st jeannet in the north BUT NOT st paul de vence or la colle sur loup even though they are on the 400 bus route which terminates oin vence.Buses numbered in the hundreds - 100, 200, 100x, 112, 400, 500, etc are within the zone for part of their route

The timetables used to be clearly marked with the part of the route covered by the different tarif zones but the new timetables don't all have the markings because the zones should be amalgamated at some point this year [it was supposed to be integrated last year but that didn't happen . ]

Edited: 20 January 2011, 14:49
10. Re: Bus route 98 - new map?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2012, 18:18