We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Provencal Beach Club

6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Le Provencal Beach Club

Does anyone know if Le Provencal Beach will still be open in JLP in the summer of 2018,

Have read here that many beach clubs have been forced to close and I am wondering if Le Provencal is one of them? And for those who have been to Le Provencal -- how would you rate it versus Plage Keller?

Thanks so much

Robyn C

17 replies to this topic
Tierra Verde...
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Provencal Beach Club

I've been to a couple beach clubs in JLP as well as St. Tropez and Nice. To me they are all pretty much the same. Don't know about Le Provencal...

Edited: 22 January 2018, 19:37
Antibes, France
Level Contributor
11,306 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Provencal Beach Club

I don't think Le Provençal is one (of up to 14) beach clubs that are being knocked down ...they are more westward toward Golfe Juan. IMO there is no comparison between Juan les Pins and the unique Plage de la Garoupe. .altho if you are allergic to yellow I would avoid Plage Keller :)

Ed

Vence, France
Level Contributor
10,056 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Provencal Beach Club

caseymorgan is right, as with restaurants 95% of beach clubs are more or less the same. "Le Provencal" is one of them. I once had dinner at his neighbour (Les Pirates) for a firework and it was okay. Nothing remarkable.

Some beach clubs stand out, like world-famous Club 55 or Niki Beach at Pampelonne or - lesser known - Anjuna Bay in Eze. I can only see a point in a beach club when its in a location with (almost) no public beach space, like Plage Keller at Garoupe. Been there once off-season and quite liked it. However, in summer Plage Keller places the loungers elbow-to-elbow. Would never consider it.

Edited: 23 January 2018, 09:55
Vence, France
Level Contributor
10,056 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Provencal Beach Club

One that stands out in Antibes/JLP is Les Pecheurs:

ca-beachhotel.com/plage-bien-etre-soins-mass…

Would rather go there. Drinks are good and not overly priced.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7,827 posts
519 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Le Provencal Beach Club

I partially agree.

The beach clubs along JlP are all pretty much the same, although some have wider/narrower beaches.

Plage Keller is different than JlP. More secluded, quieter, different environment. You feel remote and surrounded by countryside. In JlP you’re surrounded by a lively promenade.

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Le Provencal Beach Club

Hi thanks so much I thought Plage Keller was at La Garoupe or is there a different beach club there I do not know about...thanks so much

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Le Provencal Beach Club

Hi thanks so much I thought Plage Keller was at La Garoupe or is there a different beach club there I do not know about...thanks so much

Vence, France
Level Contributor
10,056 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Le Provencal Beach Club

Plage Keller is at Garoupe, yes. Also at Garoupe there is Plage Joseph, a hotel and a snack. All hate each other and sue them at court.

From what do you read that Plage Keller is somewhere else?

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Le Provencal Beach Club

Do you know why the beach clubs are being closed down and will it be done by this summer?

Vence, France
Level Contributor
10,056 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Le Provencal Beach Club

Because they were built illegally (coast protection law). Sure, all tourism-related work is done by July.

Reply to: Le Provencal Beach Club
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted