We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Charles de Gaulle to Gare St. Lazare

Peachland, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Charles de Gaulle to Gare St. Lazare

I will be landing at the airport at 1:30 pm. How long is it to get through customs, etc. will have carry on luggage. How long to get to train RER B and into city. I want to book train tickets out of St. Lazare station. How much time should I allow for this trip itinerary? Joey

11 replies to this topic
Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Charles de Gaulle to Gare St. Lazare

Usually, the advice is to allow 4 hours between scheduled arrival time and departure time for a train leaving from Paris. It should take about an hour all in to get from the airport to Gare St. Lazare.

Mentioned in this post
Gare St. Lazare
Gare St. Lazare
279 Reviews
Paris, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
92,884 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Charles de Gaulle to Gare St. Lazare

If is usually recommended that you should leave at least 4 hours between the scheduled arrival of a long-haul flight and the departure of a train from a station in Paris.

You may want to wait until you get to St-Lazare. Your flight could be delayed, and discounted tickets are worthless if you miss the train.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Peachland, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Charles de Gaulle to Gare St. Lazare

Thank you. I am quite surprised at this. Was hoping to get a 4:00 pm train. I was thinking of taking a private shuttle to the train. Would that help? Don't want to get a much later train. Joey

Peachland, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Charles de Gaulle to Gare St. Lazare

Thank you. Was hoping for less time. Joey

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
92,884 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Charles de Gaulle to Gare St. Lazare

Private shuttles in Paris have a reputation for unreliability. A taxi would have the fixed fare of €50.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Peachland, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Charles de Gaulle to Gare St. Lazare

Thanks, will consider that. Joey

Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
7,923 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from Charles de Gaulle to Gare St. Lazare

You don't give your destination from St-Lazare as some places have very frequent trains, others less so. Tell the taxi driver to drop you at the rue d'Amsterdam entrance to the station to avoid having to go up 2 levels.

Peachland, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting from Charles de Gaulle to Gare St. Lazare

I am getting a train to Val de Reuil. Thanks for the tip. Hope I can get a 4:10 train from there. Joey

Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
7,923 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting from Charles de Gaulle to Gare St. Lazare

To that destination a flexible ticket which would allow you to take the 1st train going is €9.90 more than a train specific Prems ticket. The choice is yours.

Peachland, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting from Charles de Gaulle to Gare St. Lazare

That is great news. I wasn't sure how busy the trains would be and so didn't want to buy the ticket on the day. I will buy the flex one for sure. Thank you. I was wondering if the train goes into Louviers as well. We are staying at a resort in Connelles. I found a car rental in Louviers so need to get around the area by taxi until i pick up the car. Any suggestions on this? Sure don't want to drive a car from CDG. J

Reply to: Getting from Charles de Gaulle to Gare St. Lazare
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Honfleur
Recent Conversations