We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight parking near Honfleur cruise terminal

Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight parking near Honfleur cruise terminal

We are going to be docking overnight in Honfleur at the end of our cruise. We are planning to rent a car to continue our travels. We will need a place to park it overnight near the cruise terminal while we spend the last night on the ship. Is there a overnight parking lot within a short walk to the terminal? Thanks for any help.

Finland
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight parking near Honfleur cruise terminal

Here's some information about the port(s) of Honfleur

https://www.whatsinport.com/Honfleur.htm

The cruise port is located about one mile N/NW from the center of the town.

There is a parking area at 107 Boulevard Charles V, 14600 Honfleur, but I am not sure if it's a good idea to leave the car there overnight.

Or, you can receive the rental car in the morning of departure on the drive tour? In best case the rental company can meet you at the port, or you can order a taxi to take you to them.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight parking near Honfleur cruise terminal

There is parking available at - Google Maps 49.421415, 0.237163 - without the need to cross the Bassin de l'Est and only a short walk from the Cruise docking berths.

No parking in Honfleur is 100% safe but that area of the town is quiet in the evening and overnight.

I've dog walked there after midnight and rarely seen anyone else out and about

Edited: 18 May 2017, 09:44
Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
400 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight parking near Honfleur cruise terminal

Spireboy is right - there is decent parking on that car park close to the Cruise terminal.

4. Re: Overnight parking near Honfleur cruise terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2017, 08:29
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overnight parking near Honfleur cruise terminal

Thanks for the replies. The ship arrives on a Saturday, and we are scheduled to disembark on Sunday. The rental car companies are closed on Sunday. So, hence the overnight parking question. I didn't know the rental car companies would meet you at the port? Interesting, will check that out. We may just disembark on Saturday and be on our way in the rental car. Thanks again.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Overnight parking near Honfleur cruise terminal

Hi Robert, I wanted to know if you already took the cruise and found the overnight parking for your rental car,

I have the same situation like you, I'm arriving on Saturday and thinking to rent a car in Le Havre, its the other port in bigger city which there are plenty of rental car offices

I appreciate if you can give me information about it

Thank you so much

Gabriel

Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Overnight parking near Honfleur cruise terminal

Hi Gabriel,

We won't return from our trip until the end of August. I will be happy to let you know how it worked if it isn't going to be too late.

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-Saint-Michel, Caen
Level Contributor
3,539 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Overnight parking near Honfleur cruise terminal

Their is a closed compound by the ship. I'm sure that as a passenger you can leave your car there.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Overnight parking near Honfleur cruise terminal

Hi Robert, thank you for your reply, I will be docking in Honfleur August 12 and 13, so in this case I will be there before you.

I will be posted the parking lot if I find some

Thanx

10. Re: Overnight parking near Honfleur cruise terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2018, 05:16