We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Giverny Etretat and Mont Saint Michel

Livermore...
1 post
Save Topic
Giverny Etretat and Mont Saint Michel

Hi, I'm trying to do a weekend, 2 day trip from Paris to see Giverny, Etretat, and Mont Saint Michel. I would ideally like to do all of my transportation by train, bus, other public transport, etc. or at least most of it that way. I know there's trains/buses that would get me to Giverny, but it is hard to find out about how to get to Etretat and Mont Saint Michel from there. Also looking for good cheap places for my overnight.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Giverny
Giverny
Eure, France
Etretat
Etretat
Seine-Maritime, France
Mont-Saint-Michel
Mont-Saint-Michel
Manche, France
Palace of Versailles and Giverny Day...
1,495 Reviews
from US$213.70*
Free Cancellation
Special Offer
Giverny and Versailles Small Group...
729 Reviews
from US$256.60*
US$285.10
Free Cancellation
Giverny Roundtrip Transfer from Paris...
107 Reviews
from US$109.00*
Paris, France
Level Contributor
13,377 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Giverny Etretat and Mont Saint Michel

This will be difficult by public transport in 2 days so you'll have to work out timings. Train to Giverny-Vernon and from there to Le Havre. Train info at trainline.eu. From Le Havre to Etretat it's bus. Use commentjyvais.com for all Normandy transport info, including getting from Etretat to MSM. From msm bus to to Rennes. Rennes to Paris by train and buy tickets 3 months in advance for cheapest price at trainline.eu. Check msm website for other info.

Mentioned in this post
Le Havre
Le Havre
Seine-Maritime, France
Etretat
Etretat
Seine-Maritime, France
Rennes
Rennes
Ille-et-Vilaine, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Rutherford, New...
Level Contributor
279 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Giverny Etretat and Mont Saint Michel

We did all those things over a longer stretch of time and after trying to plan it by public transportation ended up renting a car.

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-Saint-Michel, Caen
Level Contributor
3,527 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Giverny Etretat and Mont Saint Michel

I don't beleive it's possible in a weekend. Difficult without a time limit.

Rent a car.

1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Giverny Etretat and Mont Saint Michel

I've been looking at this for quite some time, here's a link for an excursion that departs from Paris.

I've joined their tour to Chambeau, Chenonceau and Amboise before, their price is quite reasonable. If you're interested, you can check the link out.

www.sinoramabus.com/ucc2/index.php…

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Amboise
Amboise
Loire Valley, France
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Giverny Etretat and Mont Saint Michel

If I rent a car to all these places how much will be the car rent??...appx rate??

Edited: 08 July 2017, 20:54
Paris, France
Level Contributor
13,377 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Giverny Etretat and Mont Saint Michel

Use autoeurope.com for car rental info.

7. Re: Giverny Etretat and Mont Saint Michel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2018, 05:16