We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phone number format

Skaneateles, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Phone number format

I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I couldn't find anything on it. My problem is this: I am trying to order tickets to Giverny, but the form will not take my phone number. It says something about it being in the wrong format for France. I am putting it in like this: 01-xxxxxxxxxx. Does anyone know the correct way to enter it? Thx!

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
14,842 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phone number format

Try this:

1. Put “011” to phone from the US.

2. Put “33”. This is the country code for France.

3. Put the number in France you need, missing off the first ''0''

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phone number format

On the website I used you had to select your country first from a drop-down menu (further down the page from where you enter the number). Then once you had selected it you entered your number without any international dialling prefix or country code, just like you would at home.

Don't put a French number unless you actually have one and want to use it for the account. If it's a US number then select Etats-Unis as the country.

Edited: 27 March 2017, 21:43
3. Re: Phone number format

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2018, 07:17