We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris to Bayeux to London

Seattle
8 posts
Paris to Bayeux to London

Following a stay in Paris, my husband and adult son are traveling to Bayeux in April 2012. They are staying at the Churchill, touring Normandy on April 24. On April 25th, they need to get to London. After a 5 day visit, they need to get to travel back to Paris airport (CDG) on April 30 for a May 1 flight home.

My initial reaction is to take train from Paris to Bayeux and then go back to Paris and take the Chunnel to London. Fights are an option as well, but the goal would be to do all of this as easily and as fast as possible. Any suggestions?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
38,173 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Paris to Bayeux to London

I agree that going back to Paris is probably significantly more efficient and far less complicated.

Essex
Level Contributor
31,760 posts
69 reviews
2. Re: Paris to Bayeux to London

YES indeed, these days no doubt. that works out best

BUT - you could look at ferry

From Ouistreham (Caen) to Portsmouth, then train to London

OR 'somehow' get to Deauville, then flight to London CITY Airport.

Why not fly HOME from London though?? Seems like a logical suggestion................

London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
24,270 posts
52 reviews
3. Re: Paris to Bayeux to London

If they need to get to London on the 25th, they could use Brittany Ferries from Caen (Oustreham) to Portsmouth. There is an overnight sailing on Tuesday 24th April which departs at 22.45 and arrives at 07.30, or a daytime sailing departing at 10.00 and arriving at 17.00 (all times are local; time in France is one hour ahead of the UK). Probably a taxi to the port from Bayeux would be the best way of getting there.

At Portsmouth, there are shuttle buses between the Ferry Terminal and the railway station; fast trains to London Waterloo run every 30 minutes and take about 90 minutes. Alternativel, National Expres Coaches run from the Ferry Terminal direct to London Victoria, although these are slower and less frequent.

brittany-ferries.co.uk/ferry-routes/…return

www.southwesttrains.co.uk

www.nationalexpress.com

nationalexpress.com/destinations/…030.pdf

Trains Paris - London and v.v. are Eurostar, not 'Chunnel' (which does not exist as a trading name.

www.eurostar.com

Seattle
8 posts
4. Re: Paris to Bayeux to London

A delayed thank you for all of your ideas and help.

cincinnati
2 posts
5. Re: Paris to Bayeux to London

We are actually doing this same trip in July. We are staying in Paris for 2 days, training to Bayeaux for 2 days, then to London. I have decided that the train from Bayeaux to Paris then on to Chunnel is best option for our family of 4. The ferries seem to get a lot more complicated, as they do not go to London directly.

cincinnati
2 posts
6. Re: Paris to Bayeux to London

We are actually doing this same trip in July. We are staying in Paris for 2 days, training to Bayeaux for 2 days, then to London. I have decided that the train from Bayeaux to Paris then on to Chunnel is best option for our family of 4. The ferries seem to get a lot more complicated, as they do not go to London directly.

7. Re: Paris to Bayeux to London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Bayeux