We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone recommend some accommodation please?

Which Bayeux hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dorset
Level Contributor
61 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Can anyone recommend some accommodation please?

Hi, please can anyone suggest any accommodation for myself, husband and two grown up sons? Date 4th June to 8th June. We want to travel to Normandy around Bayeux, Arromanches, Normandy beaches area. Preferably some self catering accommodation with 2 bedrooms or 1 bed and lounge with bed settee? We can bring any linen if necessary? Would opt for hotel at a push! Maybe a 2 bed caravan. We will be travelling from Cherbourg so anywhere en route to the Normandy beaches, St Mere Eglise, Omaha down to Bayeux and Ouistreham. As long as it is clean! Would really appreciate your help??!!

Loire Valley
Level Contributor
6,879 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone recommend some accommodation please?

I would be very surprised if you can get self catering for less than a week in June

You will be wanting search for gites, maybe gite de france can find you something.

St Louet sur Vire...
Destination Expert
for Bayeux
Level Contributor
2,453 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anyone recommend some accommodation please?

I think you may struggle. It's the 65th anniversary of D-Day and a lot of places right on the coast have already been booked for months. You may have to look a little further inland. As wizard says, you will definitely not get self-catering at this time for less than a week. It may be cheaper to get two rooms in a B&B.

Alencon, France
Level Contributor
476 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anyone recommend some accommodation please?

You could try this B&B - it has some excellent reviews:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g660467-d5959…

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can anyone recommend some accommodation please?

I'll second that recommendation for La Thiaumerie.

Excellent accommodations and lovely hosts.

Level Contributor
129 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can anyone recommend some accommodation please?

This B&B link is just off the N13 at La Cambe, nr Isigny - I don't know if they have vacancies but otherwise maybe Gites de France would be a better site for a Chambre du Hote although a friend of mine actually booked their rooms end of last July and had difficulty they have ended up in Caen.

Le Lieu Besnard, La Cambe

http://www.srcshop.co.uk/gallery.html

Newark-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can anyone recommend some accommodation please?

I would try www.visitfrance.co.uk., or www.theholidaylet.com. Have you thought about Chambres d'hotes (B&B)? This may be easier as you only want 4 nights.

7. Re: Can anyone recommend some accommodation please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Bayeux