We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Paris to Bayeux seating

13 posts
Train Paris to Bayeux seating

Hi all, I'm confused about the seating in the Paris to Bayeux train; I'm booking the early train from Paris to meet a Normandy tour at 930 on 9-26. When you enter 2nd class (sncf site) it has an icon to select seats but then doesn't really have you select them except for a "next to" option (which I understand from other posts means next to someone who has already made a reservation). As you move forward, it then assigns us to Coach 10, seat 18 aisle and seat 12 window. Could these be next to each other?

I saw on another forum someone who had same assignments which make me wonder if all the seat assignments say this and it really is just open seating? The return trip lists the exact same seats.

I'm willing to pay the extra 20e to assure seats together (when you pick 1st class, it states coach 4, seats 14A & 16W).

If you have any insight into this, I'd appreciate it!

(posting this in Paris forum also)

1 reply
Antony, France
Level Contributor
19 posts
55 reviews
1. Re: Train Paris to Bayeux seating

Hello, seats 18 and 12 are not next to each other. But you are in the same coach so you can probably ask to others passengers if they want to switch with you. It's not rude or badly seen to ask.

For the open seatings, some INTERCITES and all TER are open seated. But it's on the ticket. Normaly it's not open if you have a seat on your ticket.

Reply to: Train Paris to Bayeux seating
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted