We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday dday tour finding something to eat

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday dday tour finding something to eat

Hi we will be doing a dday tour Sunday beginning of April it's a all day tour what will do for something to eat? ideally my partner would love to start the day on a full English croissants are not his thing, but I know that's a big ask and then also having dome sort of pack out on the tour etc. Any help would be appreciated

14 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
27,283 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Sunday dday tour finding something to eat

We went on an Overlord Tour and I think it was Sunday and restaurants were closed; we ended up having a lunch stop at a highway stop with the hideous packaged stale sandwiches and microwaved awfulness. It was almost inedible. They normally stop at nice little restaurants, but those were not open on our tour day, so you might want to ask and take something along. Except for the Airport Hilton at CDG, it was the worst meal I have experienced in France. (understandable at a rest stop, but evertheless grim)

for breakfast, ask your hotel the night before if they can point to a nearby place to have eggs and meat for breakfast assuming the hotel doesn't provide such things, which they almost certainly won't. There are some hotels that have buffets with soft boiled eggs, cold meats and cheeses so you could check if your hotel is one of those.

Edited: 26 January 2018, 18:51
Michigan
Level Contributor
108 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Sunday dday tour finding something to eat

Bayeux Shuttle includes lunch in their tours, so that could be an option as well.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Sunday dday tour finding something to eat

Thank you will have a look

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply