We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

V short time in Lille - what to see

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
V short time in Lille - what to see

Hi, we are travelling through Lille mid-March and have 1 hour 30 mins between trains (Eurostar to TGV) on our way to Avignon. Any thoughts on what we could see? We are not into shopping, and will have some luggage with us. Something interesting and nearby would be great.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Lille
Lille
Nord, France
Avignon
Avignon
Vaucluse, France
3 replies to this topic
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: V short time in Lille - what to see

You can see the Grand Place en.lilletourism.com/la-grand-place.html and the old stock exchange courtyard, where a book market is held almost daily …lilletourism.com/marche-de-la-vieille-bours…

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,533 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: V short time in Lille - what to see

The Grand Place is about 10 - 15 minutes walk from the Gare Lille Europe, so it is up to you whether you can manage that with luggage.

If you are not into shopping, I would walk the 500 metres to the Gare Lille Flandres, where there are several cafés and bars where you can have something to eat or drink.

There is a Marks and Spencer food shop inside the Gare Lille Flandres where you can stock up on food and drink for the journey to Avignon. The food and drink available on French TGVs isn't all that good, in my opinion.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Lille Europe
Hotel Lille Europe
683 Reviews
Lille, France
Gare Lille Flandres
Gare Lille Flandres
290 Reviews
Lille, France
Avignon
Avignon
Vaucluse, France
Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
8,153 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: V short time in Lille - what to see

"The food and drink available on French TGVs isn't all that good, in my opinion." Not just Paul Duncan's opinion, as I suspect that that is one of the most widely shared opinions in France - among locals and tourists alike.

Mentioned in this post
Paul
Paul
888 Reviews
Paris, France
France
France
Europe
Reply to: V short time in Lille - what to see
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted