We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Markets in Lille

Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Christmas Markets in Lille

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight in the xmas markets in Lille? The reviews on trip advisor are ho hum but from a few years back. We are looking at 3 nights/2 days coming from London and wanted to avoid flying so we landed on Lille. We love food and wine etc so I can see that is covered well in the town but we have a 6 and 3 year old in tow so they need to be entertained as well.... I know its not going to be a Berlin or Vienna experience but should it serve the purpose well?? any insight would be most valued

3 replies to this topic
Lille, France
6 posts
1. Re: Christmas Markets in Lille

Hello, the Xmas market in Lille is small but worth to visit it because it is located in the heart of the city surrounded by bars and cafes also just few steps from it you find the giant wheel for the children for example.

The old city which names le vieux Lille in french is just behind the giant wheel.

I hope you will enjoy your stay in Lille.

1 post
2. Re: Christmas Markets in Lille

We just went to Lille today to check out the Christmas Market... it was not at all what I expected. As of today, the shops were still decorating for Christmas, the rides for children looked like they've seen better days and the 40 or so stalls that were there for the Christmas Market were not that interesting. I walked through the area with stalls in about 20 minutes. We ended up going to the old portion of the city and found that quaint but still not at all what it's hyped up to be. We cut our afternoon short and took the train to Ghent Belgium- so much nicer - quaint, clean, lots of restaurants and shopping, and beautiful old churches. Close to Bruges which is also another beautiful town, although more touristy than Ghent.

Lille, France
6 posts
3. Re: Christmas Markets in Lille

Hi I totally agreed with you in Like we don't feel tourism atmosphere they are far from the normal level. Anyway if they want to attract more people so they need to create new things and much challenge waiting for them.

Reply to: Christmas Markets in Lille
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lille