We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

air quality certificate

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
air quality certificate

Hi, has the air quality certificate been made compulsory for driving in Lille? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Lille
Lille
Nord, France
18 replies to this topic
Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
8,469 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: air quality certificate

Not yet.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
24,052 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: air quality certificate

You may want to refer to this link:

https:/…lille-zone-zpa.html

London, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: air quality certificate

So this is being enforced now..?

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
363 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: air quality certificate

If you're worried about getting 'caught' anywhere in France, and more and more areas will require these certificates, then go to - https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/en/ .

For €4.80 including postage you can get a sticker for the lifetime of your vehicle.- and take away any worries you may have when travelling in France.

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
14,991 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: air quality certificate

You will receive an email invoice which will show that you have applied for the certificate in case you are travelling before your certificate comes through, proof so that you won’t receive a fine.

London, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: air quality certificate

@keithchesterfield1 Have you applied for one? It asks for an image of registration cert. I'm assuming for a UK registered car this means the V5C log book? Do you need to upload the whole thing?

Edited: 18 October 2017, 16:30
Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
363 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: air quality certificate

Yes, I applied yesterday and received an email confirmation.

They require pictures of the V5C and I took a photo of the front and first inside page.

I converted it into jpeg format and added the two pictures to the online application form.

Hopefully it's okay but I've no doubt they'll let me know if it isn't.

We don't go to France until December so I've plenty of time to sort it out if it's wrong.

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
London, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: air quality certificate

@keithchesterfield1 Ok great thanks, ill do the same now. I'm going in min Nov so hopefully it'll be ok, I'm hoping my car is legible as we already swapped our plans from Antwerp to Lille due to being unable to drive in thier LEZ.

Mentioned in this post
Antwerp
Antwerp
Antwerp Province, Belgium
Lille
Lille
Nord, France
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
24,052 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: air quality certificate

Having the vignette itself is only part of the requirement. You must also check that vehicles with your classification are allowed into the controlled areas on the days you are traveling.

For example, vehicles with the classification 3 are not allowed into Paris during the week between the hours of 08h00 and 20h00. As air quality varies, so do the restrictions on vehicle use.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
8,469 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: air quality certificate

"Ok great thanks, ill do the same now. I'm going in min Nov so hopefully it'll be ok, I'm hoping my car is legible as we already swapped our plans from Antwerp to Lille due to being unable to drive in thier LEZ."

There is a problem for British vehicles trying to register for the Antwerpen LEZ which results from the DVLA failing to share information on vehicle registrations. If you ignore the message that your vehicle isn't eligible for registration - and providing that your car is rated as 5 or 6 whether petrol or diesel - you can continue through the registration process and your car will be registered. The issue could be better explained on the website but that probably results from the difficulties of translating from Dutch into English - at least the website is available in English which is becoming increasingly rare for official Flemish sites.

Mentioned in this post
Antwerp
Antwerp
Antwerp Province, Belgium
Lille
Lille
Nord, France
Reply to: air quality certificate
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted