We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 day trip- what cities to add to Toulouse?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
168 reviews
Save Topic
8 day trip- what cities to add to Toulouse?

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and I are in our mid 20s and are travelling to Toulouse this summer in the end of May to the beginning of June. We're pretty relaxed travellers, but know that with 8 days, this isn't much, especially compared to previous times we've been to Europe we've been able to stay at least 10-14 days..

We have about 8 free days (this doesn't include traveling days). We were wondering how many days in your opinion is best to stay in Toulouse? is one week too much, or is 2-3 days enough?

Any suggestions on another city to add, Montpellier, or Marseilles? What's nice about the airline we are travelling with, we are able to fly open jaw with no extra cost.

Is it feasible though, to add another city to this itinerary?

Thank you all in advance!

5 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,464 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 day trip- what cities to add to Toulouse?

Bordeaux?

Central Poland...
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 day trip- what cities to add to Toulouse?

I think one day in Toulouse is sufficient, but it's me. Will you be renting a car? You are relaxed travellers, I like to go sightsing a lot of things so in 8 days I would visit Toulouse + Dordogne (3-4 days) + Albi + Carcassonne + Montpellier + Nimes and Pont du Gard or Toulouse + Albi + Carcassonne + Nimes + Pont du Gard + Arles + Avignon + St. Remy + Gordes + Roussillon + Calanque d'En-Vau + Marseille

So choose like half of the sights that I would go for and you should be fine. :)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 day trip- what cities to add to Toulouse?

Thank you this was super helpful! We will be renting a car, so some of this would definitely be doable. Thanks again for your help!

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
176 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 8 day trip- what cities to add to Toulouse?

Depends whether you'l get a car or not...

If yes, go and visit : Cordes Sur Ciel, Albi, Carcassonne and go along the Cathar's châteaux road and pay a visit to: Puyvert, Queribus, Peyrepertuse, Montségur... You wont regret it.

If Not, use easy trains links to Albi, Carcassonne and back to Toulouse. There is much to see and visit in Toulouse.

Have a nice trip

Toulouse, France
Level Contributor
144 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 8 day trip- what cities to add to Toulouse?

As said above the best way to visit is to rent a car and to visit the countryside. A must would be Bordeaux and maybe some wineries in the Bordeaux famous wine region 2, 3 days. You can visit the wine chateaux on your own or you can book a tour with Bordeaux tourist office.

southweststory.com/bordeaux-wine-short-histo…

One day go to Albi and see the biggest brick built cathedral in Europe and go to Corde-sur-Ciel a very picturesque little village on top of the hill (hence the name "rope in the sky")

http://southweststory.com/albi-tourist-sites

Another direction would be Carcassonne and the rest of the "Pays Cathare" where you can visit little old villages and so called Cathar castles that are now "mysterious" ruins!

http://southweststory.com/carcassonne

Reply to: 8 day trip- what cities to add to Toulouse?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted