We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hiring a car out of Toulouse Airport - recommendations

Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
67 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
hiring a car out of Toulouse Airport - recommendations

I am looking to hire a car for 5 days out of Toulouse airport. I'll be travelling to Biarritz and San Sebastian so companies that limit 200km a day and above should be fine.

Just wondering if anybody has any positive experiences of any of these car hire companies? and if they could share them please.

All i see is negative stuff/horror stories so i'm finding it hard to choose as we all have the odd bad experience and are more likely to put pen to paper when we've been treated badly by a company. On the other hand I know there are some cowboy companies out there.

the range for this trip seems to be £70 for 5 days up to £250 for 5 days so I want to get this right. I also realise that i'll need to pay extra (around 10 euros per day) to cover going into Northern Spain.

I've hired before in Spain, Italy, France and the US without too much drama but for some reason i'm a little more hesitant with this trip.

Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hiring a car out of Toulouse Airport - recommendations

Just rented for 12 days from Thrifty through Holiday Autos. Car is actually provided from Hertz desk at airport - very efficient service. Didn't take out damage refund insurance (AXA) through Holiday Autos as other options are cheaper. I used Questor - an annual policy was cheaper than AXA's 12 day) - though I have no claim experience to find out what happens when it comes to the crunch! Don't know about the cost of covering going into Northern Spain. Hertz tried to offer me a satnav but I refused as I had an app on my phone - but the car had one built in in any case!

Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
67 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hiring a car out of Toulouse Airport - recommendations

Thanks for your reply Trevor! I'll definitely consider Thrifty as they came up in my kayak search. Either that or I will plump the extra money and go with Sixt as i've used them back here in the UK a few times. Thanks again!

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
179 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hiring a car out of Toulouse Airport - recommendations

I'd personally rent a car through www.autoeurope.com. Had only good experiences at cheapest cost.

Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
67 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hiring a car out of Toulouse Airport - recommendations

thanks Henri. Ended up finding a code and going direct through Hertz. I've got it in writing that they won't sharge extra for cross border driving.

Reply to: hiring a car out of Toulouse Airport - recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted