We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to hotel

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
124 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to hotel

Help required please.

Arriving Toulouse airport 10:30am on Sunday 16/4/17. We are staying at the Ibis budget hotel Toulouse centre Gare. 27 Boulevard des Minimes 31200.

1) If we use the airport bus which is the nearest stop to get off for our hotel.

2) Do we pay on the bus or get a ticket from the airport.

3) How much approx. would a taxi cost, we only have hand luggage.

I have looked on the web sites but cannot get the information I need

Thanks in advance

9 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,211 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to hotel

1) The last stop at the bus station is about 700 yards away. It doesn't stop any closer.

2) on the bus - it's 8 Euros each.

3) FAQ here says : A taxi will cost about €22 (daytime), €25 at night.

If you use the tram from the airport plus metro to get to the Canal du Midi station (about the same distance from that hotel as the main station) it will cost only €1,60 each but take rather longer as you have to go around in a big loop.

There are no doubt other, more devious, ways to do the trip but that would need longer to study maps and timetables than I have just now!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to hotel

I think the nearest stop to your hotel is probably the last one on the route, at the bus station next to the main Toulouse Matabiau rail station, with a bit of a walk from there. Tickets (8€) are sold on the bus (you pay the driver) but there may be a machine as well; I can't remember.

Not sure what a taxi would cost, but probably a bit more than the bus fare for the two of you. If I had heavy bags that I didn't want to trundle down the streets I would take a taxi; with light bags I'd walk it.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
2,688 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to hotel

As said above, if there are two or more of you then I'd either take a taxi, or get the tram+bus if you're on a tight budget. I can't see the point of taking the airport shuttle bus and having a long walk just to save 5 or 6€.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,957 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to hotel

The airport shuttle stops at the station on the way from the airport.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
2,688 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to hotel

<< The airport shuttle stops at the station on the way from the airport. >>

True, but like many hotels, they take a bit of poetic license with their names. They'd still have an 8-10minute walk from the station.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
124 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to hotel

Thank you all for your replies. Should be OK now

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,957 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport to hotel

I was imagining the Ibis across the road from the station. With this particular hotel the bus station is in fact closer than the railway station.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
176 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport to hotel

Best is to hire a cab through Uber or a local cab application: "MySam".(MySam.fr) This is the same as Uber but better as you can choose the cab size and level and book 1 x month ahead. Note My Sam convers the whole of France even in small places covered by 3G/4G signals.

Have a nice trip

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
124 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport to hotel

Thanks for all replies now back home. We used tram and metro. It was very easy and cheap as well. €1.60 each.

Reply to: Airport to hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted