We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Ireland
Level Contributor
98 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Couvert des Jacobins

Is it possible to attend a Sunday service here. I am in Toulouse for the weekend and would like to attend a service.

5 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,463 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couvert des Jacobins

I, too, am curious. I have been to the Convent but was not sure of being able to attend mass. We are in Toulouse often and given the opportunity it would be nice to do so. I could get my Three Wishes for visiting a new church. Try contacting them:

www.jacobins.toulouse.fr/contactez-nous

And do come back and let us know.

FWIW They do the Dominican Chant (which is beautiful) but don't seem to provide a schedule. Try for that too if it coincides with your visit.

Edited: 21 March 2017, 15:41
Ireland
Level Contributor
98 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couvert des Jacobins

Thank you for your message! I actually did send them a message via that link earlier and the tripadvisor query was back up in case they don't answer. Love the sound of the Dominican chant too, if they come back to me I will ask them and let you know along with service times. I like to go to church every Sunday in Lent and, whilst an Anglican, the English church in Toulouse looks rather modern so I thought I would go for a mass, as, after all, it really is worshipping the same God!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,463 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couvert des Jacobins

Or ask the Toulouse Tourist Office. There are some lovely Churches in the city so failing that look into them. Saint Sernin. Anglicans are our "cousins" 😉

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,463 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couvert des Jacobins

I emailed them to ask if there are masses that were open to the public and was told I had to write to the Cathedral of St. Etienne. Makes no sense, a simple yes or no, but....

Ireland
Level Contributor
98 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couvert des Jacobins

Just out of interest I got a reply from the Jacobins on my return to inform me they do not have a Sunday service!

Reply to: Couvert des Jacobins
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted