We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lourdes to La Mongie

Krakow, Poland
3 posts
Lourdes to La Mongie

Hello,

I haven't find an information about, how to get directly form Lourdes to La Mongie by public or privatie transportation. Could somebody help? :) Thanks

5 replies to this topic
Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Lourdes
Level Contributor
995 posts
122 reviews
1. Re: Lourdes to La Mongie

Bus every hour from Lourdes train station to Tarbes then another bus (line 944) that only runs 3 times a week to La Mongie. Total travel time is 2hr.50m. A taxi will take 45m. and probably cost about €80. https:/…La-Mongie

Krakow, Poland
3 posts
2. Re: Lourdes to La Mongie

Kevin, thanks for your help. I found the same information.

Maybe there is a option to direct transport, not throught Tarbes?

Angers, France
Level Contributor
1,788 posts
3. Re: Lourdes to La Mongie

hI

No

La Mongie is on the other side of Tourmalet pass, The other possibility would be to take a bus to Barèges, at the foot of this pass, and there to walk some hours or to try hitch hiking.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
58,124 posts
41 reviews
4. Re: Lourdes to La Mongie

Don't rely on Rome 2 Rio much of their information is wildly inaccurate.

There is a direct bus between Lourdes and La Mongie from April to October but it only runs if booked in advance.

Page is only in French at hautespyrenees.fr/fr/transports-maligne-accu…

Otherwise you have to go via Tarbes as advised, the timetable for the bus to La Mongie (Regional route 944) can be found at https://cdn.ter.sncf.com/medias/PDF/occitani…

You can also travel by train between Tares and Lourdes about once every two hours, reservations not required.

Edited: 04 June 2018, 12:41
Krakow, Poland
3 posts
5. Re: Lourdes to La Mongie

To sum up, everything goes ok. Two day before my flight. I have called to information center in Lourdes. They reserved for me the place, It is not possible to call 0 800 for the next country than France.

The bus was Renault Trafic, the way take about 1.5 hour. The bus don't speak english, please take printed timetable to show how do you want to go.

Reply to: Lourdes to La Mongie
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lourdes
Recent Conversations