We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carcasonne - accommodation/location

Dublin, Ireland
8 posts
Save Topic
Carcasonne - accommodation/location

Hi there

Really hoping someone can help me with this!

Myself and my Mum are visiting Carcasonne for 5 days. There are two villas we are looking at. One is on Rue des 4 Chemins, 11000 Carcasonne, and the other one is on Rue Pierre Curie, 11000 Carcasonne. My Mum is 60, so I would like to be as close as possible to the centre of town so we don't have to walk too much. Can anyone tell me if one is more convenient than the other, and also if there is a bus service to town from either?

Many thanks in advance

Rosie

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
47,697 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carcasonne - accommodation/location

The Rue des Quatre Chemins is closer to the town centre than the other one. In fact it is within a mile of the railway station and the whole of the modern town is within a few hundred yards.

Go to Googlemaps.co.uk and search Rue des Quatre Chemins, Carcassonne and you will see it clearly marked.

It's also closer to the historic cité which you will certainly want to visit. The walk up the hill is fairly steep, but you can get a bus or the tourist 'train' up there.

Carcassonne bus details on this website agglocarcassonnais.fr/Le-reseau-urbain-et-in…

has maps, timetables etc.

I hope that helps.

Dublin, Ireland
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Carcasonne - accommodation/location

Hi there

Thanks so much for that. The Rue de 4 chemins said 15 mins walk and the other 10, but good to have the correct information. I am under pressure studying until Wednesday but plan to do lots of research then, just wanted to get accommodation sorted asap. Thansk so much for the link, I will most definitely check that out and the tourist train.

Also, I have looked up and found one main canal cruise, do you happen to know if there is a restaurant boat? I see many cruise ships, but I would love to just take my Mum for dinner aboard a barge or something similar one evening. Thanks again for your help, I will put the deposit on accommodation in Rue de 4 chemins immediately.

Best,

Rosie

Montpellier, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Montpellier
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carcasonne - accommodation/location

Hi

Not sure if this could also suit - http://carcassonneholiday.wordpress.com .

It is within the walls and has recently been opened by Sally Crocker who used to to be the Chatelaine at Chateau Laserre.

Peter

4. Re: Carcasonne - accommodation/location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2012, 05:31