We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

George V Hotel dress code for residents

UK
Level Contributor
56 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
George V Hotel dress code for residents

Will be staying a few nights in the summer. Does anybody have experience of the dress code for men in the bars, restaurants and breakfast. I assume it could be different for residents to visitors but need to make sure I pack the correct items. I usually get away with jeans and t shirts in 5 star hotels as a resident but suspect that George V may be different. Thanks.

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
673 Reviews
from US$75.30*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
730 Reviews
from US$49.00*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,279 Reviews
from US$104.00*
Lier, Belgium
Level Contributor
583 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: George V Hotel dress code for residents

I always wear a suit when I'm at the George V.

If you wear jeans, have a nice one. No T-shirts but a shirt. And a jacket unless weather is very hot.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
52,219 posts
1,742 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: George V Hotel dress code for residents

I always have my blazer and dress trousers w/ collared dress shirts (ties handy, but seldom worn), at the George V.

Never felt out of place in the common areas, though I did see a lot of suits in evidence.

Enjoy,

Hunt

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,726 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: George V Hotel dress code for residents

When we stay at places like the Georges V in a city like Paris or London, my husband wears a collar. That may mean a polo shirt on a hot summer's day.

Even if it is ok to wear a T, if he wears one, we are treated very differently. I do not enjoy sitting near kitchens, waiting longer for service or being up sold, so he wears a collar.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
329 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: George V Hotel dress code for residents

I always wear my regimental parade uniform and pith helmet and officer's rapier when I stay there. I have my personal bugler wear his regimental parade uniform too of course though I permit my equerry to wear top hat and tails as I prefer to keep a more informal atmosphere with my office help when travelling on the continent.

Edited: 07 March 2016, 17:17
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
145 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: George V Hotel dress code for residents

Summer or winter uniform?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: George V Hotel dress code for residents

Thamesradar: excellent

Paris, France
Level Contributor
13,656 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: George V Hotel dress code for residents

Though I've never been to the bar there I sometimes meet clients in front of the hotel and see a whole range of dress fashions from top designers to trendy hipster. With changing times and fashions it's hard to distinguish who is richer whether it's someone dressed like a Fortune 500 ceo or an equally rich person dressed like a college frat bro.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
10,686 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: George V Hotel dress code for residents

But doesn't the bugle wake up the diners?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,643 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: George V Hotel dress code for residents

Isn't this a case of "if you need to ask, are you sure you will be comfortable there"? It is one of the world's great hotels in one of the world's great cities. Unless you are a rock star, dress accordingly. You don't know what that standard is? See the first sentence.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
10,686 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: George V Hotel dress code for residents

I think the key phrase is

" I usually get away with jeans and t shirts in 5 star hotels"

So the OP knows full well what is expected