We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eiffel Tower Picnic

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Eiffel Tower Picnic

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on where to have a picnic wtih amazing views of the Eiffel Tower? Also where can I buy pastries, breads, cheese etc that is close by. Any suggestions on how to make this amazing would be much appreciated.

Thankyou!

Fortuna...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eiffel Tower Picnic

My mom, sister and I did this 3 years ago. Went to Rue Cler and bought our lunch makings (wine, cheese,fruit & baguette) and walked over to the park behind the Eiffel Tower and had one of the best moments of our trip! Some of the best pictures EVER and memories for a lifetime!! We'll be back in June and I can't wait to take my son on the same picnic!! Enjoy!

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
1,655 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eiffel Tower Picnic

You can also find everything you need for a picnic on Rue de Grenelle , between Ave de la Bourdonnais and Ave Bosquet. (Rue Cler is great, but Rue de Grenelle is a little closer to the Champ de Mars.)

Florida
Level Contributor
17,117 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eiffel Tower Picnic

Also rue St Dominique - - can find supplies in the first 2-3 blocks away from the Champ des Mars end.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
761 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eiffel Tower Picnic

We always have a picnic lunch near the Eiffel Tower each trip. I guess it depends what kind of view you want. From a far or close. Sometimes we'll eat in the grassy area right at the entrance of the Eiffel Tower so the view is just looking up. It has a totally different awe to it vs. seeing it from afar.

Other times we'll have a picnic directly across from the tower where the fountains are. Great view and lots of grassy areas to enjoy. Very romantic and you'll see lots of couples and families in this area.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eiffel Tower Picnic

This is one of the things we are planning to do with our grandson in May ~ hopefully it will be a nice day on May 13 (my birthday) and we can celebrate with some champagne and treats while taking in Eiffel's grandeur.

Jo

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eiffel Tower Picnic

Trocadero gardens are a good place i think

7. Re: Eiffel Tower Picnic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 09:42